Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom and Dad


Nothing exciting to report for yesterday. I did do some household chores and did not have the bugg on so I am sure there was more calories burned. Today, June 30th is both my Mom and Dad's birthday. My dad was 3 years older then my mom. He died on April 12, 1999 at 68. My mom is 76 today. She is a tough lady let me tell you. She has survived the loss of her husband of 44 years, Breast Cancer and a Triple Bypass plus a valve repair on her heart and now the Macular Degeneration. It is so hard to see your parents get older... big sigh... I have had the pleasure of becoming friends with with my mother and I am so grateful to have her in my life. Happy Birthday Momma! We are going to the Outback for dinner. We always order the same thing which is the Filet Mignon, Salad and Baked Potoato. I will probably bring home the potato and part of the steak for another meal and just eat steak salad and bread instead. Today we are going to lunch at Bucca de Beppos for a farewell luncheon. Should do fine on food but will have to practice some self control with the bread. The Vice President of our company is retiring after 30+ years. I am happy for her but it will just not be the same without her. It is going to be interesting to see how things change around here this summer. Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. what a blessing to have your momma still with your.. I lost my mom a nearly a year ago ... enjoy the time you have .. it truely wonderful epsecially once you have surpassed just being a mom and daughter and actually being friends.. best to you and good luck with the bread temptations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Katie J! I noticed you signed up to follow my blog and now I'm reading yours! I look forward to getting to know you.

    My mom will be 75 on the 20th. She lives with me and she's a tough cookie, too. She has a lot of health problems that have slowed her down these past few years. We are good friends, too, and having her around is great.

    Happy Birthday to your mom and I hope you both enjoy yourselves today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tena! Thank you for the comments and kind thoughts and I look forward to getting to know you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother would have been almost 90. I miss her and think about her all the time. They called her "Large Marge" although she was a skinny as a rail. They also called her "Skinny Grandma."
    Every day is a gift!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...