Monday, June 1, 2009

Motivated Monday!


I had a good day yesterday. I did NOT go to the gym but I did get on my bike and ride around the neighborhood. I have been wanting to go to this place close to my house for forever! I mean forever and just never got off my arse until yesterday. It is called the Carmelite Convent. It is a convent that was built in the early 1900s and covers 10 acres. I can see the steeple from my balcony and I hear the bells which ring at assorted times throughout the day. Here are some pictures:







Today is the start of the Summer Challenge! Game On!!! In the spirit of the challenge, I ordered myselft the Flirty Girl Workout DVDs. No, I did not order the pole (yet!) Should be here in a few days. Looking forward to getting it and shaking my booty! Until next time...

9 comments:

  1. Nice pics.

    Sounds like you're in the right mindset for the challenge. Game on, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what is the Flirty Girl workout? It sounds interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is one of those "Seen on T.V" items. With the Flirty Girl Teaser Pack, you can try two of our popular DVDs and learn some of the world's sexiest dance moves from videos, club dancing and even exotic dancing and turn them into fun, fat-burning routines that anyone can do!

    Kit Includes:

    • Booty Beat DVD
    • Chair Dance DVD
    • Flirty Fit & Fabulous booklet

    It is $9.99 plus S&H. I have been wanting to get it. They advertise that you can order the stripper pole too but I am not going there (yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great workout! lol ;0 You go!
    The convent looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It as so peaceful and I felt a sense of accomplishment because I have always wanted to go there but wanted someone to go with me. Well all my friends were working or out of town so I just hopped on my pink beach cruiser and went for it. I will let you know how the DVDs are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer challenge day one! rah rah rah! (That's me cheering from the sidelines!) Stripper pole ? wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the cheer Ann! They sell a stripper pole and let you try it for $1 - of course they will then bill you for the $250!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on the Summer Challenge!! That's exciting to get new workout DVDs. :) I think I'm going to do an exercise DVD exchange with a friend at work to get a little variety.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just building my collection (I have 4) but one thing that is cool is that Comcast Cable has Exercise TV Free On Demand. They have everything from Aerobics to Zumba so there are lots of options!

    Great idea on the exchange! I also thought the library might have some too...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...