Thursday, August 27, 2009

Makeup


Decent deficit even though I had a few glasses of vino. No activity to speak of but plan on walking this evening with Karla. Hopefully we will go to the park and walk longer. I may try to jog again.

Two years ago I started doing insulin shots both morning and night. I was VERY resistant to doing them but I was feeling so crappy that I was willing to try anything. Well the insulin totally helped me feel better but it took time in the morning that I used to use for putting on makeup. With my weight loss I have been able to reduce my insulin 75% (YAY!) and only do one shot in the morning now. I also have started wearing makeup again. Nothing heavy duty. Just face powder, mascara and a little lipstick but it makes me feel polished and more confident. Karla does wonderful things with eye makeup so I am going to get a "lesson" on how to apply it. I bought this makeup to use



It is Sally Hansen inspired by Carmindy from What Not to Wear. I love Carmindy and they are natural and paraban free. They design them to coordinate with your eye color and mine are hazel. Should be fun to experiment. Hope you have a great day! Until next time...
XOXOX,

12 comments:

  1. I never wear make up. Just never have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! I LOVED that After Awhile thing you posted on my blog! I kept thinking of it and I couldnt remember the name of it so double thank you!!

    Also, do you have a BodyBugg or something like that? I keep wanting to buy one, but they are so pricey! How do you like it if you do have one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny...I used to wear makeup everyday, and like you, not a lot, just mascara, maybe some eyeliner and some face powder to take off the shine. So, I've been thinking about how I can take better care of myself, and one of the things is to wear makeup again! And, this morning is the first day I put on mascara since before my son was born, over 5 years ago. Whooo-hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Amy! That is a long time! Glad you chose today to do it! Teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie,
    Glad to hear your health is benefiting in a major way from your efforts! You must be so proud of you! :)
    I wear a little mascara and sometimes a little brow powder because my eyelashes and eyebrows are pretty light. I look at little ill without mascara. Hazel eyes are so pretty, you'll love how they look with a little "oomph" from that eye makeup you bought. Pics! ;)
    Good luck with the walk/jog tonight!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooooooooo!! On the less insulin. That's fantastic.

    I like makeup, but I try to make it look natural. Some of my best new tricks came from Carmindy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on reducing your insulin! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so fantastice that you've been able to reduce your insulin so much. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on lowering your insulin. That's a huge step. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im with ann h.
    NOT BECAUSE I DONT NEED IT---Im just lazy like that and need to learn how.

    right now, if I put some on, it only succeeds in making me look older than the 40 I am :)

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the lower insulin!!! Can't wait to see the results of the eye makeup lesson. We are getting pics aren't we???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I promise I will post pics :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...