Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes!


I managed to etch out a deficit surprisingly enough. I was fairly low cal during the day. I had 2 slices of veggie pizza and a salad for dinner. Dave had a Baseball meeting (he is an Umpire) so HG (Houseguest) and I were on our own and I was not in the mood to cook. Dave brought home 2 deep fried Oreo cookies for me. They are soooooo good... I wasn't even sure how to account for those calorie wise so I input that I ate 4 cookies.

I am in a much better mental space today. Goes to show you what a difference a day makes. I went to bed a little later then normal but did get a decent nights sleep. Speaking of sleeping, I got replacement parts for my CPAP machine this morning. I have been waking up with huge ass divets in my cheeks and the strap marks and this will really help with that. Apparently I was supposed to be contacted every 6 months to get it serviced (I have had it since 11/08) but no one has called. I signed up for a Yahoo group of CPAP users and they told me to that my mask need replacing and that was the reason for my discomfort. Whew, I am glad that will go away. It has been bugging me big time.

When I was getting my blood pressure done yesterday I was talking to the volunteer who was a senior (in her 70s) and I had mentioned that I have lost 55-60 lbs. and that it has positively affected my BP and meds. She then went on to explain that her daughter is overweight and asked me why I thought I was overweight. I told her that was the $1,000,000,000 question jokingly but I told her I have been thinking about it too. I know there is not just one reason that could be summarized in a casual conversation so I told her that first and foremost, I do not know about my birth parents so I don't know about the genetics. I went on to tell her that I have always been overweight but I am sure there are some underlying reasons. I would like to explore them in a future post. Sidenote: I emailed my doctor about the BP readings and she said that those are good numbers and unless I am having side affects like being dizzy then it is okay.

Not sure if I will go to bowling tonight. I have a mess going on in the corner of my bedroom that needs major attention. Dave and I will be going to Ikea this weekend to get two nightstands and a small dresser so I need to sort some things and make room. Plus I weigh in tomorrow. We shall see. Until next time...


14 comments:

  1. HI Katie - nice to see you doing so well - love the numbers from yesterday. I am doing my best to get back reading my favourite weight loss bloggers and leaving comments. I am also playing around a bit with my BP meds. I am sure mine was causing some tummy problems so I went to my doctor to see if I could get taken off. He noticed my weight loss and we are experimenting for two weeks -- I am not BP med free but only taking one instead of two different meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better today, KJ. Your blood pressure sounds great.

    It is an interesting question to ponder about why we are overweight. I think about it myself, and of course I can site my relationship with mom and my childhood, but it's always a whole laundry list, and more complex than any one thing. Hope the rest of your day is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are feeling better today Katie!!

    Sleep Apnea sucks doesn't it? I was diagnosed with it at the age of 26. I use the nasal pillow but I don't like it much. It doesn't seem to stay in place. I am hoping that once I reach goal I can kick my CPAP to the curb. lol!

    How awesome is it that your weight loss is making a significant difference in your blood pressure and such?! I am so glad for you! :)

    ~Kellie

    http://chubbygirldiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why we're obese isn't just the million dollar question, it's the $344 billion a year question. And I just don't know if there is an easy answer.

    I'm so glad you found out what was wrong with your CPAP machine. I hope you'll be able to get it fixed soon! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better. :o)

    I've no idea about the psychology of why I'm fat, but I do know it's mainly because I ate too much and didn't exercise enough! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't it be great if we all knew the reason? Ahhh a dream-Only 5 more pds til your next milestone treat-Woo hoo new outfit here you come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jealous, I L-O-V-E Ikea!

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling good. :) It always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moonlite Bowl!!! :)

    Love your answer to that lady's question...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're feeling better. I've never been to Ikea. Now that I live in South Texas, there's none around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOTALLY what a difference a day make and what a tremendous different lottsa good uninterrupted sleep with make as well.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to hear that you are seeing results with your blood pressure. That's something that I'm hoping to do too!

    I absolutely LOVE IKEA, but there aren't any close enough to go to on a regular basis for me! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...