Monday, March 1, 2010

March into Spring



Hope you all had a nice weekend!! Saturday I was not productive at all and ended up having lunch and beers with Danielle. It is only the 3rd time I have drank this year. But in true Katie J fashion I ended up having 6 beers and two shots...

I did not have my bodybugg on yesterday (darn it!) but I did log my food. The good news is that I washed my car (by hand) and went on two walks. The sun was shining and it felt SO good to be outside. It felt like Spring! I put my iPod on and cruised the neighborhood. Dave had a double header so he was out at the ball field all day. I watched The Taking of Pelham 123 with Denzel and John Travolta and I liked it. It is not my usual kind of flic but I enjoyed it.

I added to the post yesterday but after some of you had already commented. The flowers were from Dave who picked them up at the Farmer's Market down the street from our place. They are called Alstroemerias. He put them in the vase for me (it was his mothers vase) and put them on my desk. The quote came from a cute calendar that Danielle got me.

I am so glad it is a new month! I have been getting a little loosey goosey and need to refocus my efforts. The good news is that the weather will be getting nicer and it will be that much easier to do outside activities. I am thinking I would like to start with 1 day at the gym and 1 day swimming (SC) per week and do DVDs or walking on the other days. There really is NO reason why I can't get in 20-30 mins. a day right? Right! Until next time...




P.S. Leila over at Healthy Shelah gave me another Sunshine Award. Thank you sweetie - you have been hangin with me since the beginning and I really appreciate you rooting me on!

14 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful guy! Put em in a vase and everything!

    No reason why... Why is it so hard to find that 30 minutes? ugh. Let's make March a madly marvelous month for exercise! :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful guy. You inspired me to buy flowers today and I am posting my pics today as I had a headache earlier and wasn't in the mood to write a long blog.If you are like me once you get in the water you won't want to get out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are beautiful flowers! VERY thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband is thoughtful. *sigh* we're lucky ladies aren't we?

    Twenty to thirty minutes Is a good habit to get into. You're getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet to get a gift of flowers and they are beautiful!

    Your exercise plan sounds good to me. I can't wait for warmer weather and walking outside again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is good for all our mojo's. I think. :)

    Those are beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo to two walks! I know I can't wait until the sun peeks through the dreary snow clouds over here... :)
    Beer and shots! I can imagine you now! lol, hope it was a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to watch that movie-Travolta's one of my favorites~ First day of a new month is so motivating :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you that it just seems easier to exercise with Spring approaching...you can do it, and I'm glad to see you re-committing to your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's to a new month! :) Whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad mean old February is gone...
    Bood old March is bound to be an improvement!
    I just got that same movie tonight - pinkie*jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katie, I awarded you the Creative Blogger Award. Check it out on my blog:
    http://fattypatty-nomore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am definitely marching into spring ;)

    i am glad it is a new month too.

    i did love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...