Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Weigh To Go Wednesday


Number of steps: 5,046
Amount of Activity: 23 mins.

Had a good night at the Bowling Alley. I had a Ham and Cheese wrap, Sun Chips (Garden Salsa) and a Diet Pepsi. I also had an Oatmeal raisin cookie as a snack. Got on the scale this morning and it was 258 which is a loss of 2 lbs for the week. However, I am still 3 lbs. up from my lowest thus far. The good news is at least the number is moving in the right direction.

As I mentioned yesterday, I planned on trying the "New" Loreal makeup. It is called True Match Roller. I was already using the True Match makeup but not with this particular applicator. It was $13.99 at CVS which I thought was a bit steep. I already knew what color I needed since it is just like my other makeup. I use N4. They have a great system to help you determine what the right colors are for your skin. I really like that part. Well the verdict is...


I can see what they were trying to do but I don't think it is an enhancement. I felt like I was literally painting my face and it doesn't go on as smoothly and evenly as it does with the sponge applicator. It seemed like I needed more product to get the same coverage. So bottom line, love the makeup but I don't think this is an improvement to the product. In my humble opinion, they should have done a little more market research and product development before releasing it. I am going to actually see what the return policy is at CVS. I may even return it and replace it with my tried and true compact.

Hope you all are having a good week! Until next time...


17 comments:

  1. You know what I love? That you go to the bowling alley, eat regular food and still post a loss. To me, that says you are not dieting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss and the good food choices for last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being a guinea pig for us! And Wahoo! on the weight loss! YAY right direction!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog.
    I hope to keep an eye on yours as well! :)
    How do you make a pretty personal template??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know. I won't try that particular form, but I will probably try some form. I usually just have to choose the lightest option available. Yes, I do glow in a black light. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your scale is moving DOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the weight loss!

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! The scale is behaving! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the commercials for this makeup and didn't think it would have worked. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katie! I see you're still burning off more calories than you're eating. That's the way to drop the weight. Good going, keep it up.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the weight loss and the good food choices at a bowling alley! That is real living!

    Pity about the make up, I hate to waste money on products that don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay on the loss!!!
    Boo on the paint roller make-up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see the scale budging. Woot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to kick that freaky little machine into gear!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laughing hysterically. A paint roller....really.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the loss! I saw the commercials for that make up and wondered how you get it around your nose...guess I am more of a "fingers" blender than a paint roller, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...