Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Something Good This Way Comes



Had a good night last night. I played the Wii for about a 1/2 hour and had a sandwich and soup for dinner. Dave had a game. I spoke to D the Apt. Manager and squared things up with him. I felt a whole lot better after talking to him. Some of it was miscommunication and he let me know if I have any issues that I can call him. I want to think positive so we will see how it goes. I talked to HG as well. It went fine too. I did ask him to be out as of today but this morning he asked for a few more days so he can get his car repair finished. I asked Dave and he said it was fine. It WILL happen for sure this weekend.

I got on the scale and was down another lb. so I am at 258. I am happy about it. I have been hovering for too long and need to get the show on the road again. The increase in exercise is helping a lot and I am having fun - and isn't that what it's all about? Joy vs. Dread!

Dana over at Eat, Sleep, Get Fit recently had a Giveaway and I won! Woohoo! The prize is a program of my choice at Habit Changers.

Habit Changer offers a 42 day program to help you change your habits. It does this by presenting you with certain challenges to examine what your current habits are and helps you to discover what you might need to change to help you change your current habits and help to accomplish your goals. They offer daily challenges, daily to do tasks, daily emails, and daily text messages if you choose. They have several different programs that apply to all areas of life from Health Eating, Healthy Finances, and Healthy Living. Here is a list of all the programs:

1. Losing Weight*
2. Losing Weight 2*
3. Feeding your Kid
4. Money & You*
5. Money & Relationships*
6. The Power of Now*
7. Stop Stressing*
8. Feeling Happier*
9. Quit Smoking*
10. Sleeping Better
11. Pain Reduction

I put an Asterik by the ones I am interested in. I need to get a little more info but the Quit Smoking one is Free so I may be able to do that AND another one. Hmmmm... scary thought. I am still on the fence about quitting smoking. I know how bad it is for me but I am quite fearful if I quit and then gain weight. Thoughts to ponder eh? Until next time...

12 comments:

  1. You need to quit smoking for sure! It is horrid for you and honestly the weight gain will not be that bad with all the extra movement you are doing! Get rid of the deathsticks! OR do I have to send you pictures of smoker's lungs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngrats on winning!! True what Kimmi said--AND you need to be around for a LONG time to enjoy you new body!! You know you will have support here! GO for it:)

    Easier said than done, I know. But I believe in you.
    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss and I totally know you can quit smoking and not gain weight-I have faith in you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're already well into your weight loss journey, so I'd say NOW is the perfect time to quit smoking. You'll be very aware of what you're doing in the food realm so you'll be able to concentrate on the other. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've known several folks who quit and DID NOT gain weight. They worked at it.

    Congratulations on winning the giveaway. And for another pound down. Keep working it, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quit smoking over two years ago and though it is hard it is definitley worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joy vs Dread?
    "Dread" cheats, so watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do the smoking one - you can totally quit without gaining weight! I've seen several people do just that...and you will probably have more energy and stamina when you go on walks or to the gym, which will help your fitness!

    Hope you have fun with the Wii Fit (I saw that on your FB page today) - try the ski jump...it's crazy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on winning!!! I wish my husband would stop smoking but I know that will never happen. Congrats on the scale moving for you again. Fingers crossed the apt. thing gets better and ur roommate is out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely quit smoking! I'm sure you'll keep losing weight if you keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow..winning and a pound lost...great day/week!

    I'm an ex smoker, but not an evangelist on the subject. Like losing weight, stopping smoking opens a whole new set of freedoms in your life.

    The whole weight gain thing is a myth...as long as you are also doing your fitness thing, there is nothing to cause the weight gain.

    It is a matter of replacing one habit with another...instead of a smoke, you take a 5 minute walk somewhere.

    Way easier said than done, but I did it too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you're loving exercise! I really dreaded exercise earlier this year when I was using DVDs at home, but ever since I joined my gym I'm really loving working out. Congrats on the loss! You're doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...