Sunday, May 9, 2010

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me!

First thing, I have to give a shout out to Angie over at Who do you Chose today? She has lost 100 lbs! Please take a moment to pop over and say hello!

How was your weekend? Hope it was a good one! Mine did not go at all as planned. My mom cancelled on me so I made alternate plans. I went to the Flea Market and we walked approx. 4 miles. I had a corn dog for lunch and half a soft serve ice cream. All I bought was a hat for $5. We brought a cart with us and Danielle and her mom filled it up! It was warm and I had worn a tank top under a light weight sweatshirt so I ended up taking off the jacket and just sporting my funky fat arms. I did have sunscreen on but I ended up getting another reaction from the sun so I guess I am banished from the sun for awhile :-( I look like I have chicken pox!

I ended up not doing a whole bunch on Sunday. I was an itchy mess for most of the day. We had Clam chowder in bread bowls for dinner. Dave really liked it so I will have to do that again. I have been hankering for Oatmeal cookies so I made a batch with Raisins and Walnuts. Well, I ended up eating 5 cookies plus a few scoops of dough. I baked one dozen and put the rest in the fridge for tonight.

Warning! Rant ahead: Sunday I did not call or email my mother. My feelings were hurt that she cancelled our plans and I did not have a whole lot to say to her. Well last night I got cc'd on an email that she sent to my brother and sister in law outing me and saying that she wants to cancel our Alaska cruise and that she would decide by this morning. My response to her email was short and sweet. Her son, her precious baby boy has forgotten to call or send a card on her birthday and Mother's day more then once and he was forgiven. I reminded her of that. I have NEVER forgotten and have been with her for every Mother's day for the last 42 years. I told her that if she felt the need to punish me for not calling her then it was on her. Update: She decided not to cancel it after all.

Well to end on a positive note, I have planned a giveaway for tomorrow! So stay tuned for that. Until next time...


18 comments:

  1. I must have missed the reason your Mom is upset with you but I'm sorry that she feels the need to email your family and might cancel a trip you guys have planned. :( Big hugs my friend- hope everything works out!!

    mmm clam chowder bread bowls!!! Love it!

    The sun hates me too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you stood up for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for the shout out, I appreciate it! Sorry your mom was kinda being difficult. Mine stood me up too...we're gonna try again wednesday! Take care...you can only control you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm, Katie...

    You were upset with your mom because she cancelled an engagement with you--so you didn't call her on Mother's Day.

    She was upset with you for not calling her so she sent that email to your brother.

    I dunno. Sounds like a case of mutual tit for tat with a passive agrressive melody to me.

    Hopefully, your conversation last night cleared the air and you both got your resentments out in the open.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your Momma issues. But I agree with Shelley - I am glad you stood up for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* parents. I'm sorry your weekend was full of drama. My weekend went well, though I ate worse than you I can guarantee! I hope it works out between you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, mom/daughter stuff is so complicated and emotional.
    I hope you guys can work it out - usually when my mom and I have a fight like this, eventually we get it all out (lots of crying, lol), and things are better.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear about what happened between your mother and you. That just plain sucks. Hope it gets better.

    Good job on the four miles!!! Thats the way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you and your mom sort it out. Life is too short, hon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boo on the bad weekend and the sun sores. :S

    (((hugs))) Good on you for standing up for yourself. That is something I have had to learn to do on this journey and I never realized how healthy it is. Hope it all gets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *I meant boo on the stress of the weekend, not on you. Oatmeal cookie dough is a weakness of mine too!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flea market and 4 miles walked. 2 wins in 1! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww gotta hate the stress!! Sound like the walk was great though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww - my little KJ - I'm so sorry about your feelings...man....I have been there and it never gets easier does it? Ugh - I'd hug you and make you smile if I was there and I'd never cancel on you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you spoke up and got things straightened out. Family interactions (especially mother and daughter) can be so complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's a LOT of truth in the saying "you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family"... I would be mightily ticked off at my mum if she pulled a stunt like that. In fact, I'd probably call her bluff and tell her that based on her email, I'd already gone ahead and cancelled the cruise for her! (I have a tendency to cut my nose off to spite my face! lol)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...