Friday, June 4, 2010

Free for All Friday


This post is going to be all over the place so don't say I didn't warn you...

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments yesterday. You sure know how to make a gal feel good! I wanted to mention something I didn't put in my post yesterday. As catty and shallow as this sounds and at the risk of offending someone, it felt really good not to be the biggest lady in the room of 500+ people at the banquet. When I started working here 6 years ago I was neck and neck with another gal for being the biggest employee in California. Nothing to be proud of but it was the facts. Now, I pretty much blend in with everyone. It made me want to go up to them and say "You really can change your life ladies!" but I could never do that. We all have to make the decision to do this on our own.

Speaking of... the other day I bumped into one of the gals in our office building and she asked me how my weight loss was going and I updated her with my latest numbers. So she said "Well you inspired me to get healthy and I have lost my baby weight and started running at lunch..." I inspired her? Wow! That just blew my mind - I guess you never really know how you affect people. There is also another lady in the building who is wearing a bodybugg so I have been watching her and comparing notes.



As I mentioned in a recent post that I recieved the Beautiful Blogger Award from Sarah and here is my list of 7 things you may not know about me:
  1. Every time I eat an apple I still play the Alphabet game with the stem and pull a little extra hard when I get to "D" for Dave
  2. I am not particularly superstitious but I make it a point NOT to go out at night when there is a Full Moon.
  3. I have only had one cavity in 43 years
  4. I always thought I would be married and have children by the time I was 30. Didn't happen... I have never been married and have no children.
  5. I do not like my foods to touch on my plate.
  6. I do not like gravy of any kind. I do like sauces though...
  7. I love to sing and have been told I am good by enough people that I learned to embrace it. Maybe someday I will do a vlog so you can hear me. Don't hold your breath though LOL

I have been reviewing my short and long term goals and my next short term goal will be to be down a total of 75 lbs. by July 23rd which is when we leave on the cruise. That is 13 lbs. in 7 weeks or .5 lbs. per week. That is totally achievable and realistic. For the long term goal I hope to be down 100 lbs. (or more) by the end of the year. That is 23 weeks from the time I go on the cruise and .92 lbs. per week. Again, totally achievable. I can't help but wish that it would be quicker then that but from experience and according to what weight loss experts say it is a decent rate. As I incorporate more and more activty into my regimen it may come off quicker but I need to keep the goals attainable.

Tonight I am going to get a pedi. They are practically a medical necessity for me because I have some toenail issues. I still have the eczema all over my feet, legs and belly. I am so fricking sick of it I could scream but I am doing everything I can to treat it so it will go away soon but in the meantime I just have to deal with it. I wish I knew what the heck caused it. I may never know. Oh by the way I am doing Viva Pink (Avon) on my toes. My feet look pretty beat up right now so I don't think I will be taking pedi pics.

I would like to go to Zumba on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. Years ago I used to do a Salsa class at that same time every weekend and loved it so I would like to make it a regular thing again. There is also an 11:00 a.m. class at another nearby location so I have options. Always good to have options. I also need to get some packages shipped out. I am the complete slacker! Sheesh! Well I think I rambled enough for today. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! It is going to be gorgeous here in sunny California! Until next time...


11 comments:

  1. Is the eczema stress related? I sometimes have psoriasis and it's completely stress-related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie you inspire lots of people. I am wowed by your courage with your adoption search...I guess there is no new news yet? I love your writing and sometimes I don't comment but I always stop by.
    Have a great weekend and check out my new hair do on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Just wondering about your bodybugg. I love the little summary it gives you -- am wondering how it has impacted your weight loss. I have thought about getting one myself, but it's a big investment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie - I loved this rambling post and followed it everywhere it went! I totally get being grateful to not be the "fattest" in the room, or anywhere else, for that matter. How gratifying to know you've inspired people. You certainly have inspired many of us in blogdom, but in real life is even better!

    I think your goal is fantastic and I know you can do it. Just pull out all the stops and keep working as hard as you've been. I'm trying to get truly in gear myself now. No matter what it takes. I can't wait to see you succeed! And when you hit that weight before your trip, I'm going to send you a pair of hand knit socks of your choice. *for winter wear!* Seriously - it's on. When you get there, I'll link you back to the post where I had pics of a zillion pairs of socks I've knit! The pair of your choice has your name on it on July 23!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to always do the apple stem thing too and get a "J". It's kinda funny, I dated a "James" a "Jayson" a "Jeff" but married Mr. Right; Joshua! lol (I did date a Bryan, Mark and Dan, but you know, we try not to look back too much ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always happy when I am not the biggest female in the group!

    I have never heard of the apple stem thing. Learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're really inspirational :) thanks for sharing your story! I am actually still most likely 70 pounds away from not being the heaviest one at work - everyone is just so in shape!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog. It's awesome!! I love your Smilestone Treats. That is a great idea. I love rewards!!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've fallen behind on my blog reading (stupid job!) (lol) - you looked GREAT in those dinner pics! No wonder everyone was so complimentary - you have really changed! Glad the dinner was such a good event for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh another Zumba woman!!! Makes me smile. Hope your pedi was fabulous!! You can met your goals! I know you can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Katie, Have you had a doctor measure you Total IGE levels? We get a lot of kids in our clinic with eczema and the worst ones seem to have extremely high levels of IGE which is the bodies response to something it's allergic to. I don't care for food to touch either. My brother used to stir his up all together, no matter what it was, and that just grossed me out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...