Monday, July 19, 2010

Ups and Downs


Hope you all had a good weekend! Mine was good but it had it's downfalls for sure. I ate like crap for the majority of the weekend. I had french fries, I had a fast food burger, I had hash browns... things I have not had in a year and a half I ate this weekend. My belly was not happy about it either and was quite vocal. Why did I self sabotage? Stress, laziness, willpower, frustration? Combination of things I suppose but I am back to the grind this morning.

Spent most of the weekend getting the new apt. set up. which was fun. I got my hair colored and also got a facial too. What a wonderful experience! I have always been self conscious of people touching my face so I always avoided them but I felt like splurging and needed some pampering and really dug it.

Since we had to replace the couch and did not want to spend too much money, we found the futon shown above. It is not a great picture but it gives you an idea what it looks like. We got it at Target (go figure) for $179. I added the throw pillows to help tie it into the existing decor. I will do a slide show (Shelley) when we are done decorating.

I have been holding off on saying anything (can we say enabler?) but Dave has been drinking again. It started out slowly but two weeks ago he called me at 4:30 a.m. because he was intoxicated and he could not find his keys. I had to drive from dog sitting to go and pick him up. He also drank yesterday and was antagonistic and argumentative. His M.O. is that he is super nice and kisses my ass the next day and tries to act like everything is peachy but it's not. I do not want to live with a drunk. Bottom line. I am walking a tightrope right now though. We are still moving stuff and I am getting ready to leave on the cruise. I just want to maintain peace until I leave. BIG sigh. Until next time...

19 comments:

  1. Hi Katie...glad to hear your're back on track. I've been there too many times myself and have just given up. I can also relate to being an enabler, and having a partner that drinks as I was in a relationship with an alcoholic for 10years, and my fiance', was a heavy drinker. He's been sober for only a couple of weeks. I've given him 2.5years to clean up and that's it. We've gotta look after ourselves and deserve so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facials are my very favorite spa treatment!

    So sorry to hear about Dave. I know that is just about the last thing you need right now in the midst of moving, etc.

    I hope you realize that you deserve ONLY the best and can form your response to his drinking based on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'll say a prayer, my friend. the futon is cute, I like the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The couch and pillows are cute - love the modern styling. Glad you are having fun setting up the new place, but I'm sorry that Dave is drinking again. Girl, you have a lot of stress going on. Hopefully the cruise and some distance will give you time to think and figure out what you need to do. What Helen said is so true - you deserve to live a happy, healthy life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, you do have a lot going on, try not to let life get in the way of your goal. you do deserve happiness. I am sorry Dave is drinking, I know how this can be. someone very close to me is an alcoholic and it can be very hard. hugs to you, when do you leave on your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the couch, Katie. It matches the colors on your bog too :).

    Fun to get a facial. I love treating myself on things like this sometimes.

    We would love to see the pics once you get it all set up in your new place.

    Good thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  7. The futton is cute. Too bad about Dave. That's got to be a kick in the pants. If he's drinking, maybe you decided you could eat. I know that's how my mind works.

    Hugs to you. It's hard ot live with someone who is drinking. I will be sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all good - keep your wits about you - don't look away from what you know to be true. Easy to say - harder to do - but do*able!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay on the futon. Boo on the drinking. Yay on the cruise.

    I don't know. What do you say about a guy falling off the wagon except I'm sure you'll decide when you've had enough. Seems I always love people who are troubled.

    How long til Alaska again?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Katie-that blows big time :( My heart is aching for you right now-hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your futon, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job with the facial and the hair coloring. It's always good to get pampered. Even if you had a crappy eating weekend, just pick yourself back up and get back down to business. You know you can do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You totally deserve to pamper yourself! I am glad you liked the facial. Keep focused on you, get back to your plan and don't give up!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great couch. I'm sorry to hear that your guy has decided to drink again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my sweets....my every prayer is going out to you...sending you the strength to get through this and to never settle for anything but the very best because you deserve nothing less. We are all here for you - you are never alone. I puffy heart you...and I'm sorry your heart is breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh! Tough stuff, Katie, tough stuff. You're in my prayers. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sending you lots of hugs and prayers, KJ. I know you must be stressed out, worried (and probably pissed off, too!).
    I LOVE that futon - soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...