Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Fiddybits

Yay it's Friday!! I don't think I have ever been so happy to see Friday! Whew! Last night my mom and I met with Susan at CSAAA to get our travel docs. In prior years, they put together books of all the shore excursions but in an effort to cut costs, everything is online now. My mom's vision is not great so we will go through them together tomorrow morning. I already know of one or two places I want to see. My most favorite excursion last year was The Butchart Gardens. It is absolutely stunning! It has 55 acres of gardens of all kinds. Just amazing! I was so tired last night that I laid down at 7:30 p.m. and fell asleep until this morning at 5:45 a.m. I didn't even have any dinner.

The other day I tried the Berry Steal Cut Oatmeal from Jamba Juice. I really liked it and it was satisfying and held me over until lunch time. It is 290 calories which is just fine. Today I decided to try the Fresh Banana flavor. It was good but I ran out of banana before finishing the oatmeal. With the berry flavor, you could distribute the flavor throughout the oatmeal. Definitely worth trying ladies and gents. They also have Apple Cinnamon and Brown sugar flavors.

We are going to go sign the lease for the new place at lunch time today. I am so thankful that we did not have any hassles being approved. I did have some debt in the past but Dave helped me pay it off so my credit score must have improved. We are technically supposed to be able to move in on the 15th but he will be giving us keys today. We will see how that works. The 15th is next Thursday. We are still in bed bug eradication mode. The exterminator is supposed to go to our old place tomorrow to do the second treatment. We will see today if that pans out.


The Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA

Dave and I will be going to the Mountain Winery to see Yes and Peter Frampton on Sunday night. I will be finished with dog sitting (Yay!!) It is one of the most beautiful venues I ever seen and we have really good seats so I am excited. It is really more Dave's era of music but I like them too. We will be seeing Celtic Woman there next month. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I have a feeling it is going to be a whirlwind for me but it seems to be par for the course lately. Until next time...



P.S. Thanks Cinner I figured out how to add the pages. I will be adding some more and will let you guys know. Also, thank you all for your feedback yesterday. It was very helpful :-D

P.S.S. I have my bodybugg on today!

10 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, I saw Frampton and Yes when I was a teenager! You are going to have a terrific time. I have been following Framptons' posts on Facebook and he is quite the technician/musician.
    I think that may be the first album I ever had and I played it over and over.

    Fun to be planning a trip. Where are you going this time? I have been to Vancouver and seen the Butchart gardens as well - loved the sunken garden.

    Thanks for the tip of the oatmeal.

    Have a great day eradicating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Katie, I am glad it worked for you. The Butchart gardens are just lovely, you are going to love your trip. have a great weekend. I want to see Celtic Woman, oh yes. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The winery looks beautiful! I spent alot of time in Saratoga when I attended school at SFState (my boyfriend lived in Los Gatos), but I never got to see the winery! You'll have to let us know how it is.

    Have a great weekend!
    xo
    lacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOw fun is that and I'm so happy you're getting a new place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the new place...yay for being done dog sitting..and have fun with the excursions...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love steel cut oats! How's the body bugg working out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE oatmeal!!!!
    Good luck with the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your "seeking" sidebar image!

    Grab & go oatmeal is a much better choice than most options on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally loved Peter Frampton as a teenager and am so envious that you are getting to see him! Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...