Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Frazzled Tuesday

I am out of sorts this morning and not just because it is a pseudo Monday. I screwed up with my pills so I am feeling bloated. I haven't been using my CPAP machine either. I can totally tell the difference when I don't use it. Dave brought it to the motel but I didn't schlep it to dog sitting. I really should because I would get a better night's sleep but it is a hassle. I have been doing my insulin so at least I am doing something right. Big sigh...

I will get back to business today regarding my food intake. I don't have my bodybugg on but I will be tracking my calories. Having steal cut oatmeal from Jamba Juice for breakfast. I have never tried it so when my coworker asked if I wanted anything from there, I asked for the oatmeal. I will let you know if I like it.

As far as our living situation, I am going to call the landlord and just ask him plain and simple if we can get out of our lease. We could all avoid a lot of heartache if he let's us do it. Otherwise, I will need to build our case against him which should really be no problem but it will be costly to retain a lawyer. I can get affidavits from the neighbors if necessary. Side note: Dave went to the apt. Sunday morning to get his newspaper at 8:00 a.m. and the police were there due to the noise. If he doesn't then it will be my responsibility to document all the issues we have had plus contact the Code enforcement Dept. and the Police Dept. I would like to get a printout (if possible) of how many times they have been to our address since 11/09. What a learning experience this has been! It is very upsetting and I just want to get moved and move forward with lives. I just despise this living in limbo feeling. We are blessed to have the resources to do this otherwise we would be up the creek without a paddle. Dave will focus on finding a new place and he will be the one to move us since I will be on the cruise at the end of the month. It shouldn't be too hard though because we are already putting stuff in storage AND the fact we only have 1/2 a bed and no couch... Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I am off to catch up on your blogs! Have a good day! Until next time...

10 comments:

  1. i hope the housing situation works out for the best. it all sounds very frustrating. ugh.

    and yeah, let us know how the oatmeal is. i've been thinking about trying it. have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope things turn around for the better SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think in CA, there is a standard lease breakage that is up to 2 months rent or less if the landlord can rent out your unit.

    So, he probably knows he can still get 2 months rent out of you regardless.

    However, it is worth approaching them regardless. I had a tenant who stopped paying their rent and it was easier for me to just get them the frick out of the unit instead of going through the hassle of eviction.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy stuff. I hope he lets you out with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awful situation you are in with the apartment...hope it gets settled soon. And you feel back to normal, too - all of this has to be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH! I hate rude neighbors. Especially neighbors that the cops know on a 1st name bases. Hopefully the landlord will work with you.

    Feel better. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry about the living situation. :( Bad neighbors can be so frustrating! My last place was non smoking but the maintenance guy who worked there lived above me- AND SMOKED! I coughed all year we were there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geez! i hope he will let you out of your lease!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fingers crossed that you are able to get out of your lease. The crap you have been through is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get out of it-thats a super crazy living condition~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...