Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Resuming Normal

I am doing my best to resume normal whatever my new normal is lol! Dave and I were able to talk and worked things out. He even got me flowers :-D It was a combination of things that brought us to that point and we are under quite a bit of stress and I may have been a little extra sensitive. Anyways, I am just glad we talked through it and today is a new day. I fell asleep about 8:30 p.m. last night and woke up at 6:30 a.m. this morning. Guess I was tired - teehee.

I have my bodybugg on and I am using the digital display as my guideline for the time being. It tells me Calories burned, Steps and Minutes of Activity. As long as I know what my calorie totals are then I can keep track of my deficit. I asked Dave to bring the cords so I can set up a time at night to upload the info plus charge it. I also asked him to grab the scale. It has been oddly refreshing not stepping on that bugger everyday. Hopefully he grabs it and I can report my numbers for the LHA Summer Challenge.

Unfortunately, I did not meet my goals for weight loss by cruise time. I don't think I have gained anything either but I am not sure. When we cruised last year, I did not gain anything on the cruise and plan to do the same this year. Once I get back then I can reassess my plan and set up some WL goals again. Did I mention to you guys that my mom is considering a Cruise to the Panama Canal for Christmas? I don't think I will have the time off of work but I will have to check into it. Until next time...

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad you and Dave made up so quickly. I wouldn't have gotten over being ditched as quickly as Dave did, I'm afraid. Flowers and everything! wow. It sounds like he really wants your relationship to work. That must be a good feeling. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss something? Oh well... glad all is back on an even keel now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are back to normal...and flowers are always good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first visit to your blog and I don't know why he had to bring you flowers but I am happy you worked it out! ( :
    I have never been on a cruise , but from what I have heard if you can go on a cruise and not gain ten pounds you are going great!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love receiving flowers :) It always makes you feel special. Ohh a cruise to the Panama Canal sounds fantastic. I'm excited to hear about your Alaskan cruise though - I've never been to Alaska, but have heard the most fantastic things!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie

    So glad to hear you worked things out and wow, he gave you flowers, that's always nice. Normal is good. Never been on a cruise but I sure would like to some day.

    I hear Alaska is beautiful. My boss took a cruise to Alaska and he says everyone should do that at least once in their lifetime. Just with I could afford it.

    Anyways, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. normal routine is my preferred boring state :)
    but Im a misfit in that fashion.

    and Im jealous of the cruise.
    never been.
    LOOONG TO GO!


    mizfit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Celebrate where you are! I didn't meet my WL goals before our cruise and had to do an attitude adjustment before going. I decided I had alot to celebrate not the least of which was a huge overall weight loss and a sense the lifestyle changes I have emplimented are permanent! On our cruise, I felt the freedom to have what I wanted and did not gain anything. Celebrate you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think you mentioned the fight? Whew I'm finally caught up-I'm jealous of the cruise too~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...