Monday, July 12, 2010

Roller Coaster

What a mind boggling weekend! Whew! Saturday was totally a day for the history books. You can read part of it here. Saturday night I was able to talk to Fred who is my oldest brother for quite awhile. I have never known what nationality I am and Fred was able to tell me that our mother was French, Irish and Indian and my father was Italian and English. He said my dad had curly hair and they all have straight hair so now I know where that came from :-D

Sunday started out well but took a big nose dive. First of all, the only meal I ate was breakfast after church. It was pretty warm outside and I wasn't hungry but I should have eaten something. Well, we went to the concert and I proceeded to drink 3 glasses of wine and 2 beers but still no food... I ended up hanging out with some really nice people but spent most of my time away from Dave. He spent quite a bit of money on the tickets and was pretty upset that I only hung out with him for a little while. It got worse when we got back to the hotel room and he said some pretty hurtful things like maybe I should move to the new place by myself and things like that. I am pretty sure we'll make up but given my fragile state right now it just wasn't what I needed to hear.

I got a call back from the S.C.P.D and they already have the report I requested of how many times they have been called to our complex. It was supposed to be 7-10 days so I am super happy about that. Today I will be making phone calls to get our case started. I am going to file a breach of contract with the Superior Court. He is going to be sorry he didn't let us out quietly. I did not want it to be this way but he deserves to feel some pain after all that we have endured. He will be coming from Las Vegas (he lives there) on Wednesday and will be meeting Dave there. I asked him to make it a more conducive time so I could be there as I was the original tenant but he would not budge. Grrr... Well I need to get to work and squeeze in the phone calls so it is going to be a hectic day and I am still a little crunchy. Hope you had a nice weekend and thanks for hanging with me. Until next time...

9 comments:

  1. Roller coaster, indeed! I wonder if Dave is super-sensitive to your drinking around him and that makes him feel left out? Any case, hurtful words are not necessary - sorry the evening ended on that note.

    Crossing my fingers that the landlord (slumlord) ends up letting you out of the lease. Hopefully having the police reports in hand will convince him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unplugged over the weekend - congrats on finding some of your birth family! What a roller coaster indeed!

    Off to read older posts to catch up to speed :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you Katie. You have a lot going on. I am putting your package in the mail tomorrow morning. I'm so sorry it's taken me so long! I hope it gets to you before your trip! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had such a hard weekend. But I think its pretty cool you spoke with your brother Fred. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! You sure have alot on your plate right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you had a argument with Dave..hopefully this too shall pass.
    How cool you have a brother and you got to talk with him and find out cool stuff about your bio family and yourself. You used a past tense word in regards to your bfather has he passed away?
    Even so it sounds like you are learning about your bparents from you siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it was a pretty good day after all that. Thanks for your support. I hope that things go smoothly for you, and that you are less 'crunchy' soon. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the rest of the night was better for you. Glad to hear the police dept. worked so fast to get u the info. needed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you are fighting him on this Katie-you have endured too much~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...