Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Welcome Wednesday (LHA #9)

It is week #9 of the LHA Summer Challenge. I weighed myself this morning where I am dog sitting. They have an old school Health-O-Meter scale that you slide the bar over and balance it. It said I was 261 so I am still the same which is a blessing given the fact that we have been eating out so much due to the apt. sitch.

I got some rest last night so I am not feeling so spacy today. I was also organized enough to get ready at the L's house instead of going home (relative term) plus I had my pills and insulin handy so I was good to go. Amazing what a little planning can do! LOL!

As I have been talking to my "new" family members, I am hearing more and more about similiarities that are mind boggling to me. For example, I was speaking to my Uncle Steve yesterday and he told me that my great-grandmother painted and sold ceramics during World War II. As most of you know, I paint ceramics and even started my own little business called Kate's Kreations. It really has opened my eyes to the nature vs. nurture issue. Steve actually has some of her pieces so when I meet him I will be able to check them out :-) "Unk" lives about 45 miles away from where I am. He is going to put some pictures together for me and also a music CD. I think it is such a great idea. I would like to burn a CD of the memorable songs of my life. I will put it on my "list" Until next time...

9 comments:

  1. Planning is key (although I need to do it more.)

    Thank is amazing that your artistic skill seems to have been granted to you through genetics. :) I love your ceramic works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you write about your birth family I am just more and more amazed at what you are learning. So happy for you, Katie, that you have so many good things happening (despite the apt. sitch.). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CD sounds like a great idea. Let me know what's on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your finding so much in common with your birth family.
    I hope you find a new place to call home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- I love your ceramics and would seriously buy them at the store! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pieces are so pretty. Love the lady bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your art!!! The watermelon bowl is adorable. I'm very artsty myself...faux painting, a little portrait painting, etc.

    I haven't done any ceramic work. My 17 year old son just took pottery in school and now I have 2 great vases to showcase in my home. He really didn't like it, but created some great work. I may be a little biased though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are talking to your family. To find out those things sounds wonderful! Glad that you were able to not gain weight from eating out so much. That's a big step!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so cute-I can only imagine how happy your family is to finally get to meet you~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...