As I mentioned, I picked up the Certified letter at the Post Office which contained the non-identifying information regarding my adoption. I opened it in the car and read through it again and again. It answers A LOT of questions even though it does not have any names. Since I have been able to talk to my siblings and Uncle Steve, I was able to fill in the blanks. I was so nervous and anxious that I could not eat any lunch. That is what happens to me when I am feeling any anxiety.
Some notable details are:
- Bio mother was 5'2" - I am 5'2"
- Three out of 4 of my bio grandparents were 5'4" and under. So that answers why I am such a shorty - LOL
- I am French, Irish and Indian on my mothers side. On bio fathers side it only said Caucasian but through the siblings, I heard he was Italian and English. Between the Irish, Indian and Italian it makes a lot of sense as to to why I am the way I am.
- Bio mother had a freckled face. I have a freckled face
- Bio Grandmother had Uterus Cancer and had thyroid issues. Something to make note of
- Siblings and bio mother have same allergies to foods that I do and also sister has eczema.
- Bio Grandfather had a heavy build and 3 out of the 4 siblings are overweight
I have always been at peace about why she gave me up. My mom and dad told me from a very early age that I was "chosen" by them and that my bio mom did what she could to keep me but could not afford it. If she were alive, I would tell her that she made the right decision and that I have had a wonderful life.
My curiosity ever since ever was what nationality I am and what medical history did I inherit. I also wondered if I looked like anyone. I would be at the mall or the grocery store and look at a woman and think "Wow, she really looks like me, I wonder if it's her?" Also, I have always been enamored with big families and with families that look alike because of my lack of knowledge about my bio family I guess. None of the siblings are Diabetic nor do they have NLD so I imagine the Diabetes is weight related and the NLD is just my luck of the draw. Yay me! NOT!
All this info just blows my mind you guys! I attempted to get this information back in 1985 but I was 19 and I never followed through with it but in hindsight it was probably a good thing. I don't know if I would have been able to handle all this information plus she was still alive and living in Eureka, CA. at the time.
Tomorrow morning I am trying a new hairdresser in downtown Los Gatos. I saw someone the other day and I liked her hair and asked her where she got it cut. It is called Shampoo Lounge and the gal's name is Katie ironically. I am going to see Uncle Steve and his wife Debby after that. I will be meeting them at the Aptos Burger Company at 2:00 p.m. and the following them from there. Apparently, it is a little hard to get to so I am glad I will be able to follow him. I am nervous but I know it will be fine. Until next time...