Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On-Call Katie


Last night went just fine. Whew! We ended up going to the Outback (I know my peeps) and I did order the Ahi Tuna Appetizer as the entree and then had salad and Garlic Mashed potatoes. I had about 3-4 bites of the potatoes and left them alone. They were good but I just did not want to overdo it. Got back to my mom's and then headed home shortly thereafter. I am on-call for my brother today. He is not sure if he will be going home today as originally planned or tomorrow so I am on-call.

I have decided to move my Weigh Day to Friday to align with the Hot 100 Challenge. I did get on the scale this morning and I am the same as last week, 263. Hopefully the scale will budge a little by Friday :-D

Speaking of on-call I spent the majority of my evening on the phone. I got a call from a gal who was responding to my letter to Bruce L. Smith. She was able to look me up through Facebook and found my blog and saw the pictures of my bio parents and knew it was NOT her father. She was so kind and understanding. I feel like a shmuck for disrupting their lives with my inquiry but they have all said they understood why I was searching. This charming gal even offered to help me with my search!

After I spoke to her, my brother Michael called. He is doing okay but he told me that he went to the doctor and they put him on Diabetes meds and are planning on him having to do insulin at night as I suspected. I was soooo resistant to them putting me on insulin but what a difference it made in how I felt. Like night and day really. I am hoping that I am off of insulin by next summer but we shall see. 

Since I am on-call, I am not sure what I am doing tonight. Dave is making tacos.  If I am not taking Bob to the airport then Dave and I will be going to see his grandaughter's soccer game. It is next door to the 49ers camp.  It is a really nice facility and we could walk around and get some exercise in while we are there.



P.S. Emmie over at Skinny Emmie Exposed herself. Go check it out!

8 comments:

  1. I have deficit envy. You do a really nice job of posting good deficits, and I just am not there yet. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great evening! Glad things went well with dinner and the call....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting phone call - what a sweet woman to want to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that the lady called you! And then to offer to help. Sometimes it's good to know that there are some great people in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was excellent self control! That place would be HARD for me to stay on track and strong. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything is alright with your brother. I'm glad the dinner went well- you made excellent choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great of that lady to call you! Sending prayers to your brother. Keep us posted on how he's doing okay? *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so hope you can get off those meds by summer-wouldn't that just be awesome?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...