Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday Stuff

I ended up having a good day yesterday. I have been in a funk lately. Part of it I think is due to the lack of restful sleep and exercise. Also the events of late like meeting Bruce, fighting with Dave, my mom's vision, the bed bugs etc. have thrown me for a bit of an emotional loop. I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything. My retail therapy hasn't helped the situation either. Identifying what the cause is and working towards a solution/plan will help me feel better so that is my intent.

My plan today is to go to the gym and then go to my mom's house and help her sort out her finances. Her vision is impared due to Macular Degeneration and she is having trouble seeing small print on her bills so I will write out her checks for her. I also need to give her a tutorial on her new computer. Windows 7 is confusing her apparently.  I will write down the instructions for her so she can refer to them. I hesitate to write about her because she is extremely private and it would upset her but she does not read my blog so I think it is probably safe. Plus, if I write about it on the weekends then people are less likely to read it but I have still gotten out of my head if I blog about it... a dilemma...

Tonight Dave and I are staying home and watching Couples Retreat and Invictus. Invictus looks pretty serious so that may or may not happen. I don't need to watch anything depressing. I am going to make chicken fajitas for dinner.

Not sure what my plan is for Sunday. We live in an apartment so I don't think anyone will come Trick or Treating but I don't want to be left empty handed so I will bring home the yucky candy from the office. Kids like that stuff and I don't so win-win. Hope you have a great day! Until next time...



GO GIANTS!!! & HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!


7 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon sweetie...keep your chin up...there's always rain before a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Katie. I know how stress can really drag at you. Things will smooth out, soon and life will look a lot brighter. *hug*

    Something funny sounds like just the ticket. I would save the heavier movie fare for another time, when you are feeling more the thing.

    Have you seen The Hangover? It is chockablock with sophomoric humour and crude language but it is so funny that you will likely forget everything for a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops! Forgot to say:

    Happy Hallowe'en and Go Giants! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just starting to make the conscious connection between my sleep and my weight loss. It's a huge one. Not sure how I went years without that consciousness, but glad to know now that it's part of my recipe for success.

    TRICK OR TREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "couples retreat" is bound to put you in a better mood! hysterical!!!

    Hope you have a good rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about you the other day.....
    The news announced a bed bug epidemic here....
    Said that heat is the only way to kill the little buggars.
    So they heated all these mattresses to 120F
    with little space heaters....
    All day long my head was itching, just thinking about it!
    Bless your little heart, Katie J!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your having a better weekend. It is hard to see our parents get older and have health problems I'm there with my dad and I live 500 miles away...
    Hugs and Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...