Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday Topics

Yesterday was a good day. I was able to go to the mini-gym at lunch time and then I also Wii'd for 20 mins after dinner. Food was on target but I had a hard time getting any breakfast in me. Dinner was chicken breasts with spinach and 1/2 a baked potato. Had a WW Strawberry Shortcake for desert.
I updated my bodybugg Goals yesterday. I feel like I was set myself up for failure with the last program. I was hopeful that I could do it but it was not very realistic.  I really struggled achieving a 1,000 calorie deficit.  When I was most successful at this WL endeavor, I was losing about 1.5 lbs. per week which is slow but acceptable. Once I put it to 2 lbs. per week I have not been able to achieve that with any consistency and felt like I was failing so I scaled it back to 1.5. If I am able to stick to that average then I should be down 100 lbs. by next July.  I will tell you that I never thought it would take this long but it took me 42 years to pack it on so it does make sense that it will take some time to take it off but sheesh!  If I lose quicker then that then yay but at least I will feel like I am making progress again. Make sense?

I am not very optimistic about tomorrow's weigh in. I am puffy from another allergic reaction and I am an itchy mess. I have been able to keep it controlled but I am bummed that it is happening again. There is something that is causing it but I don't know what and it is rather extensive testing to determine the source. A major contributor is stress but there is something else. Meanwhile I will just do the best I can to deal with it.

So here is our wittle twee! Isn't it cute? There are two ornaments on it now. They are snowmen that say Dave and Katie on them. I got them at Kohl's. Stay tuned to see how we decorate it. Hint: I decided to comprimise a little bit ;-) Until next time...



P.S. Someone asked me where I got my bike and I wanted to let them know I got it at Sears. It is called a Schwinn Winwood. It was approx. $150

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about your allergies acting up. YAY for the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of wii'd...
    and, yes, a cute wittle twee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like realistic goals when it comes to weight loss - and you know I am all about the slooow loss, lol! You will be a different woman by next July. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tree! And I would think anyone would lose weight if the wee'ed for 20 minutes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...