Friday, January 14, 2011

Fantastic Friday!

Happy Friday! I am soooo glad it is Friday! It has been a long week for me.

So did Katie J go to the gym as planned? YES I DID! I survived it and actually enjoyed it! Who woulda thunk it! LOL! I did 20 mins on the treadmill and then did some upper body machines.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but I did not post my weigh in on Wednesday. I did not like the number I saw and waited until today and I am so glad I did... I lost 2 lbs. this week and I am now at the lowest I have been on this journey!! 254 or 61 lbs total!

Dave had cooked dinner already when I got home. I recently got a subscription to Cooking Light Magazine and he picked out a recipe to try out of this month's issue. It was Sauteed Chicken with Sage Browned Butter. You can find the recipe and the nutritional facts here. It was very tasty! I really liked it and will definitely have it again. There are all sorts of great healthy recipes on their website. You should check it out when you have a chance.

No big plans for the weekend except going to the GYM! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Until next time...

14 comments:

  1. Way to go Katie!! And 61 lbs total...pound by pound it all adds up. You must really notice a difference. Are you feeling totally awesome, or what?

    What a sweetie your hubby is. My hubby is so supportive too. Coming home from the gym to a healthy homemade meal. How good is that? Keep it up. You just lifted me up this morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting to the gym AND on being at your lowest weight on this journey! I've got a way to go before I'm at that point again, but I WILL get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::stands up and applauds:: Woohoo Katie!!! Way to go on getting to the gym!!! And congratulations on your weight loss - nice going!!!

    I have that issue of Cooking Light and yum, the chicken recipes look so good - glad to hear that they really are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss!! And so happy you made it to AND enjoyed the gym!

    I love my cooking light magazine- have you tried the Greek style scampi?? It's one of out favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on going to the gym & the loss! What a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job for getting to that gym, it pays off doesn't it? The feeling after is indescribable.

    I hit a Zumba class this morning and will be visiting the gym tonight for a full body circuit with weight machines.

    Have a great week!

    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Katie J! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for going to the gym! Great job and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 61-great number, kick butt girl!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, both liking the gym and losing 2!

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you! I used to get that magazine, my mom gifted me a subscription. Maybe it was a hint:) I found a lot of the recipes complicated for culinarilly challenged me, but do have some I still make.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang Katie J! You are making some serious progress. And by the way, yours is the first happy blog post I've read today. And I'm starting to feel a bit better myself just for reading it. Go you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I almost had to double check that I was on the right blog when I saw that you actually went to the gym Katie. You crack me up!

    ITA Cooking Light is one of my favorite magazines/websites to find great things to make. You know the Polenta recipe I posted on Wednesday? The original recipe was from Cooking Light. But like I said, I changed it so much it became a Helen original!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're doing so well! And great job on the workout :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...