Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sense of Renewal

I had a good day yesterday. During my lunch hour I decided to go on a walk. There is a trail that has an entrance at the end of our building's parking lot. It is called the Los Gatos Creek Trail and it spans about 9.2 miles along the creek. I put my iPod on and took off. I walked about 1.3 miles. I even slogged a small portion of it.  It was about 60 degrees so it was nice and breezy. I listened to the soundtrack of Confessions of a Shopaholic. Came back and had time to eat my lunch and read the paper for a few minutes.

For dinner we had steak and sauteed mushrooms and shallots. We also had broccoli with cheese sauce. It was a Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamer. We love fresh veggies but these sure come in handy in a pinch and they taste great and are easy to prepare. You just pop it in the microwave for 5-7 minutes and voila! There are all sorts of options even for the pickier veggie eater.

After dinner I did do 10 lunges and 20 crunches with my balance ball. I recently bought a Yoga DVD by Bethenny Frankel. I am a Bethenny fan (RH:NY)and it was a reasonable price so I want to check it out. I will certainly let you know what I think. My plan is to do it in the morning before showering for work.

I am feeling a shift in my attitude lately. Taking time out just for me is really making me feel better. I am investing in myself which I have neglected to do for a long time. For example, the last few weeks or so I have picked out what I was going to wear the next day including accessories. That is NOT how I usually do it. I usually wait until the very last second and grab something that matches and forget the accessories. It makes me feel good to look good. Another example is painting my nails. I have just been using a clear coat but it sure makes my hands look much better. I am feeling renewed :-) Until next time...

10 comments:

  1. Great job in the shift of attitude - it makes the world of a difference! Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you the 60 degree weather. You've done my two favorite things: walking and listening to an audio book. Always have one in the car. You sound up and pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, the elusive "click" maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need time for ourselves. Fabulous trail! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love attitude shifts - mine seems to constantly be doing that (mostly for the good). I know what you mean about taking better care of yourself, painting your nails, choosing your clothes the night before. All very important. I only seem to do this when I eat well. How crazy is that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your attitude adjustment...and you are so worth taking time for yourself. Like you, I have preplanned a lot of stuff this week (not so much my wardrobe...though that would be a huge timesaver for me...I tend to grab and go, too!)...especially my meals and workouts...so I am hopeful that the Weight Watchers scale will be kind to me...:)

    Good for you...continue on with this...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you feel renewed :)))))))
    i love when the littlest things make me feel better about myself. be well, hon. and i loved that shopaholics book. i found it hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good attitude just makes good things happen! I truly believe we become what we practice, so practicing does so very much! GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great, Katie! Boy, do I wish it was warm enough here to take a nice walk....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across your health and fitness blog. Your article about feeling a sense of renewal in your workout routine was especially interesting. I especially liked your comments about taking time during your lunch break to get a walk in. I am adding you to my favorites. Since you and your readers are interested in health and fitness, we thought you would like to check out our ab workout machine called The AbStand. The AbStand is a full-body workout machine that provides an easy way for you to keep your New Year's resolution! Any feedback would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...