Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thank You Thursday


Thank You to all of you who commented here and on Facebook about the prices on gym memberships.  I am going to keep it AND I am going to use it! What a concept! Maybe I could even learn to like it!! Stranger things have happened! 

Actually, I have a gym bag packed (shocker!) and ready to go so I can go after work today. How about you Sue?  Over the weekend, I did some retail therapy and spent a gift card I received on a pink workout top and pants so I will be sporting those tonight. I even have my lunch packed today too! Who is this woman?!?!

Had a decent night last night. We had salmon for dinner with broccoli and rice. I did the Wii for a few minutes and it felt good. I miss it actually. Now that the creeping crud is dissipating I can be more active again. I want to include my little friend Nikki too. She is looking to shed a few pounds and it is fun with someone else to do it with.

A couple of years ago, one of my friends told me about being a Secret Shopper and referred me to the company that she did projects for. It is a great way to earn a little extra income AND it is fun to do (IMHO) They have different types of assignments that you can do such as movie theatre audits, banks, grocery stores, etc.  The company is called Marketforce and they have jobs throughout the United States. Check it out if you are interested. You can tell them I sent you. Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. Wouldn't that be a fun job; secret shopper? Getting paid to shop. Way to pack that gym bag, Katie J - you are on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are organized. Woohoo. I have a gym membership myself and just cant seem to get my butt in gear and get there. Maybe I will go tonight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a 'mystery shopper' before - really enjoyed it, especially the hotel visits. :o)

    If I feel I'm not getting good service somewhere, I look around furtively and pull my notebook and pen out of my handbag... (Wicked, I know!) Staff assume I'm doing a 'mystery shop' and suddenly they're as attentive as they *should* be! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say, I even did a 'mystery shop' at this place: http://www.virginactive.co.uk/book-gym-visit/?gclid=CMvcpNn6t6YCFUYe4QodrBhaIA I had to join on a month's trial membership, attend various classes, use the pool and other facilities, then cancelt the membership when my month was up. Should do that again as I got all my fees reimbursed, I was paid for it, and I went to the gym more times in one month than I have in a year with paid-for memberships elsewhere! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the gym bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting... I am now following and I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
    All the best,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...