Thursday, April 28, 2011

Scanning and Stuff

FYI - I only had one of the cake pops and it was delish! It was a pink one natch and it was red velvet inside. I think that is such a clever gift idea. I may get some for my mom for Mother's Day which is May 8th by the way.

Had an okay evening. I did not get out for my bike ride though.  For dinner I had leftover Mahi Mahi that I made for Easter dinner. Did I mention that I had zero, zip, zilch Easter candy this year? This is a major NSV for me. I love having pastel M&Ms around and I also love me some candy coated malt balls but this year I avoided buying ANY of it and I am proud of myself.

Have you been seeing these little boxes in your magazines or on indoor billboards?  I just recently started seeing more and more of them and wondered what they do, so I investigated some more. If you have a Smartphone you can download an app (I used Scanlife) that will read the code and what it does is it pulls up more information online on the product or service they are trying to sell.  I can see many uses for it but not everyone has a Smartphone so I think it will take awhile before it takes off.  Here is a YouTube video that demonstrates how it works.

I read blogs through Google reader. I have had troubles with Internet Explorer not allowing me to access a lot of blogs that I read so I have not been able to comment as much as I would like. Well, I think I figured out a work around. I can use Firefox to access the web (use that at home) and not encounter the same errors I was getting in IE.
I recently received this award from Hyla at Bloggest Loser AND Kathy at Kathy's Journal: Weight Loss and Weird Stuff. Ladies, you are too kind! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and it really made me smile. I will properly acknowledge and pass it on soon. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. How are you liking your fitbit? Is the database for adding your food good, easy to use etc.? I am going to Buffalo next weekend and seriously considering the splurge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...