Friday, May 20, 2011

Weighing In On the Subject

At the banquet
Had a lovely evening, although it was a long one. Here is a picture I took of myself. I had someone else try but I did not like the results so you at least get to see the pattern on the blouse.  I got SO many compliments! I usually don't wear eyeshadow but decided to wear it last night and people really noticed.  I also posted it on Facebook (the pic) and I got some wonderful comments! Made me feel so good!

I did not get home until close to 11:00 p.m. Times have sure changed. Younger Katie J would have partied the night away but not anymore. I was ready for bed at 9:00! The food was good and I ended up eating the dessert. It was a raspberry mousse with a lemon glaze drizzled with chocolate.

I got on the scale this morning and I lost 1 lb. this week so I am down to 254. Only two pounds away from my lowest thus far. Everything after that will be new territory! It is interesting to me that I don't remember weighing this weight before. I can remember when the scale went above 200 in my early 20s (and of course 300 in 2008) but other then that. Part of it was denial I am sure and also I did not have a scale and would only know when I went in to the doctor but even then.  I look forward to the day where there is a 1-- weight!  I am hoping by the end of this year.

Plans for the weekend are to go to the gym on Saturday and do some sorting of clothes and the like. Sunday I will be getting my "new" car. I have decided that I will be selling my "old" car to my neighbors, Lu and Joe. They are really in need of a car (have two kids) and it has a lot of life left in it so I am happy to see it go to good use. I just need to figure out a mutually agreeable amount. Hope you all have a great weekend! Until next time...


12 comments:

  1. Excellent on the weight loss! You'll be out of the 250's in no time and into a new "decade"!

    I am ready for bed at like 9 also. I like my sleep more than partying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you look beautiful! I was going to tell you that you should make this pic the one for your profile, but as I scrolled down to make the comment, I noticed that you already did. :D

    Love you hair color; it's perfect for you.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, as usual!
    You always did - and do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pic & congrats on the loss!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had anice time. You look so pretty Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie - I am so proud of you with the WL and your pic is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should wear makeup more often - you look just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty smile and sweet face, Katie! And that hair color of yours is so pretty, too, and so nice with your skin tone! Take more pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I hope you break many milestone barriers this year. Go, K, go!!! That purse and spa day and bloggy makeover are waiting to be grabbed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful in that blouse! Keep up the good work. Sounds like you had a fun evening, party girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling! You look MARVELOUS! And as you know it is better to look good then to feel good. Anyone remember that from SNL??

    Party down!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...