Thursday, June 9, 2011

Life is Fleeting

Yesterday was an emotional day. A friend of mine passed away on May 28th and I learned about it via Facebook.  She was only 53 and her daughter is 20 years old.  We had lost contact over the last few years due to distance and life but she and her daughter Lesley were a big part of my life for a long time. She was one of the most caring, kindhearted people I have ever met.  I am sad that I did not make the time to go and see her while she was sick. But, I also know I would not have been very helpful.  I am such a crybaby (we had that in common) that I don't think it would have been right to just go there in tears.

That reminds me of a funny story though... Debbie and I went to see Titanic in the theater and a man sitting in the row behind us asked if we were "sobbers" We replied "No, of course not!" but we did have a large box of Kleenex with us. Well, while the ship is sinking and we start crying, I am doing everything to not be heard but I was seriously sobbing and could barely breathe and Deb was too. We were obviously not the only ones but to tell him we wouldn't was rather ironic coming from us. Anyways, it just goes to show you that life is fleeting and you really do not know how long we have on this earth. So my suggestion to you is to hug the ones you love and tell them how you feel.
Haircut 6/8/11

I got my haircut after work and I am pleased with the results.  He was really nice and seemed to really listen to what my needs/concerns were. He took his time and I was there over an hour.  I will definitely be seeing him again.  I am hoping I can stick with him for awhile. Seems like I haven't found an ideal stylist in awhile. Food was fine, in fact I was rather low on calories. Until next time...



P.S. I am guest posting at Mizfit's place and you still have time to enter the Mio giveaway.

11 comments:

  1. post some pic's of the new cut!!! Sorry to hear of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair cut! I am a total sobber and completely cried during that movie! Sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your friend. While I know it's hard for you to visit someone when you know they are sick, I encourage you to do so...it really means so much to them, from what I've seen with my mom. Even if you cry. That's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I am so sorry. As for the rest, well, Shelley said it perfectly. You might be surprised at how much better you would feel, even if you cry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your friend. DD4 lost a close friend in January but made the discovery via facebook--they had just talked in December and she was going for some new treatment somewhere and didn't make it. Her parents have now lost both their children as the son passed away last spring.

    On a much lighter note, I love the haircut. I would wear mine short but, when I do, my head looks too small for my body. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great hair cut! :) So sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear your news. I have a friend whose husband is very ill and I don't ring for fear I'm intruding but I will ring, you're right...we never know when do we until its happened.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, hugs, been through this myself a couple times..it's so sad and ..unfinished.
    One was a friend that had decided to end our friendship but with no closure. I never knew or understood why. Another, was like yours..we just drifted apart. I found out by searching for their phone#s through google. Good post. we all need reminding of how fleeting and precious life is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your friend Katie, your message has such truth to it. live every day as best as we can and tell those we love how special they are. sorry for your loss...do like your haircut. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your friend, and you are right, you never know how long you've got.

    I am a crybaby too - I cry at Extreme home makeover when they reveal the house ot the family, I cry at Hallmark commercials, and anytime I see a wedding on t.v.

    Love the hair cut! I love it when you can finally trust someone with your hair!

    Happy Friday Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry about you losing your good friend. 53 is really young, too young to die.

    I'm a sobber too and sometimes it can be so embarrassing. Funny thing I remember about seeing the Titanic was all the men that were wiping their eyes after the movie. Even my own husband who never cries at movies.

    I love your haircut. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...