Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Head Above Water

Yesterday went okay. My mom called me and asked me to come and get her which was heartbreaking. I know this is the best thing for her and I wanted to do this before (in Sept.) but it still does not make it any easier. She also thinks I am mad at her for some reason. I told her I wasn't at all.  I could not get it together (mentally) to go and see her yesterday. My cousin went twice and my mom's neighbor went also so she was not alone. Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.  It really does help and it means a lot.

I ended up eating salad for dinner. It was the Fresh Express Asian Salad. I added a few dried cranberries to jazz it up and it was delish.  I did take out some chicken for myself tonight and I also got a package of Just for One from Green Giant which are handy and pretty darn tasty. They are 0 points on Weight Watchers. This is what is stated on the website: Portable, single-serve vegetables are ready in minutes in the microwave. Great for lunch on the go, a quick afternoon snack, or individual tastes and needs. Available in a variety of delicious low-fat, low-calorie sauces and seasonings, and endorsed by Weight Watchers®.
I still did not do any laundry! I just couldn't get myself to do it last night. It is sorted though so I will do it tonight for sure. I am wearing pants that are 4 sizes too big but I sit at a desk so no one really sees them. I held onto this particular pair to have as comparison when I get to my goal weight.

I'm just trying to keep my chin up and get through this. Having a support system like I do is really helpful. I am still trying to adjust to being by myself and processing the changes from Dave moving out. I told my mom's neighbor (I have known her 43 years) that all this stuff is character building! Until next time...



P.S. I finally started writing on my "other" blog. It is all about my adoption story. It is called Finding Renee Marie Renee Marie was the name I was given by my biological mother.

4 comments:

  1. My grandpa is in a nursing home. My grandma finally realizes that she could just not care for him the way he should be cared for. It broke her heart, she wanted to come up with ways to keep him at home..but she just couldn't. He is cared for and although it's hard that she's all alone at home she visits every single day and is a peace that he's being cared for.

    You're in my thoughts with your mother and her situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days it takes everything we have to just cope. Those days are ok and make us stronger. You will get through this. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sorry to read about your mom. My grandma was in a rehab center after a stroke and when I would go to visit her she would beg me take her home. It broke my heart. I will keep you in my thought.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...