Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Garlicky and Gone

Last night I tried a new recipe. It was for Garlicky Grilled Pork Chops. I am not kidding when I tell you that these are the best pork chops I have ever had. They were super easy to prepare too!








Garlicky Grilled Pork Chops
Hands-on: 10 min / Total: 20 min / Serves 4

3 garlic cloves minced
3/4 tsp salt
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried sage
1/4 tsp pepper
4 pork loin chops

1. Preheat grill
2. In a bowl, combine garlic, salt, oil, rosemary, sage and pepper. Spread on chops.
3. Grill chops over medium heat with lid closed for 10 minutes or until done turning once. They should be slightly pink in the center.

Cook's note: Serve chops with sliced tomatoes and garnish with your favorite fresh herb

Per Serving: 300 cal, 1g carbs, 30g protein, 18g fat, 95 mg chol, 390mg sodium, 0g fiber.

The recipe came from a circular in the local paper called DASH but they also have a website Next time, I want to try the lime chicken Kebabs with Mango salsa. Yummers!

I got Dave dropped off at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. this morning. I am generally up at that hour but not driving. He did not seem too nervous and I did not cry too much so that was good. They are supposed to call me when he is done with the surgery so I can alert his family. I will most likely wait until tomorrow night to go see him. I can't imagine he will be up for too much today. He got everything packed up and put into storage so that was an accomplishment too. Now I need to Katie-fy my place again. A cleansing of sorts :-)

My weight has been holding steady even after drinking on Sunday. Now that a lot of pressure is off I can really focus my attention on ME. I can't be helpful to others if I don't take care of myself. One thing I did yesterday for Danielle and myself was buy 10 sessions of Bikram yoga. I am going to channel my inner Kelly and break out of my norm. I have never really taken a formal yoga class except for the gym offered classes and even then it's been years. I need to check their schedule to see when we can go. Until next time...



P.S. One more day until I announce the winner of the giveaway, have you entered it yet?

4 comments:

  1. I was looking for something to make on the grill for my hubby this weekend! I'm going to give this a try - especially since they are the best ever you've had! ;-) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, with a recommendation like that, how can I not try those pork chops. Hope you enjoy the yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm. I love garlic so I know I'd love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! GARLIC is sooo good. Hope all goes well for Dave.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...