Friday, June 1, 2012

June Baby!

Happy first day of June! Happy Friday too! This has been an odd week with the holiday and all. I am still wondering what day it is! With it being a new month I have mustered up new resolve to get crackin on my WL again. This dog paddling is getting me no where quickly. I would like to make some serious progress this month.

Another thing that I want to do is paint ceramics again. I used to do it quite actively but it has been since last summer! I recently found a bowl at OSH that I would like to replicate.



This style is called a footed cereal bowl. I do like this style of bowl and it is fairly easy to work with. I would prefer not to pay retail for them and I do have a free firing so we will see if I can track some down locally.

Looks like it is going to be another weekend at my mom's. My brother is driving up tonight and I will go over there tomorrow a.m. There is still work to be done with the power washer and I will continue purging drawers and cabinets. I don't want to spend the entire weekend there like before but I will definitely make some progress. I would also like to swim. The heater is on but we did not have a chance to use it. It is warmer here then it was a few weeks ago so it should be ideal. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I was in that pool so I am looking forward to it. Hope you have a fab weekend! Until next time...



P.S. Thank you Shannon for the alarm suggestion! Great idea!

3 comments:

  1. The bowl is very pretty, I envy those who can make things like that. As for myself, I enjoy crafts such as wreaths and such, also I love sewing. Amazing how when my kids were little I was able to find the time, but now...well it is different.
    Have fun with the pool, just the right exercise as well having fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty bowl! I find that doing things like that are very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bowl is cute - I admire that you can even THINK about replicating it, as this non-painter would make a mess of it, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...