Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Worrying Wednesday

Did not feel like cooking so I had ham and cheese wraps for dinner. I used the Multi-Grain with Flax variety. They were a teensy bit dry but with a little extra mustard they were fine. I did not realize until I looked at their website how many flavors they actually have. The grocery store closest to me does not have them so I went to Safeway. Of course they are on the top shelf so I can barely reach them but I am not sure what other flavors they carry. I will have to check it out.


Here are yesterday's stats:
Calories where over the top. Barely a 100 calorie deficit. Not good.

Thanks for your comments on yesterday's post. My intent on sharing the story was that I hope to save someone from the effects of obesity on your health in the long term. I did not take action soon enough and was faced with the co-morbidities like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, sleep apnea and other afflictions. With my weight loss I have been able to reduce medications and all my numbers are in check which is good news but doing insulin shots and sleeping with a CPAP machine are NO FUN!  As for how she reacted, I was a little taken aback that she go SO defensive and resorted to name calling but I knew before I commented that there might be repercussions.  I have never had anyone call me vile or evil before. I have been called mean a few times. If I am pushed too hard, I will lash out and yes I can be mean.

I am worried because there was a murder one street over from my work on Tuesday. A guy was shot to death in his car at 1:40 p.m. in the afternoon. Yikes!! It is a very industrial area of San Jose and there are a few times I have been fearful even in broad daylight. The alternative is stay on campus at lunch but I also like to get away for awhile so I will have to figure something out.

The other thing I am worried about is my neice, Candace. She lives in Sacramento and her mom, my sister, Tess, called on Monday to ask if I had heard from her. It has been months since I talked to her. They filed a missing persons report and checked the hospitals and morgue with no results thankfully. I was sending a text to Tess just now and she was sending one at the same time! Eeeek! It gave me goose bumps! Looks like Candace called her landlord and the landlord called Tess to say he had heard from her. I just hope and pray she is okay and that she makes amends with her family. Until next time...




P.S. I have some exciting giveaways planned so stay tuned for that :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie. Glad to read Candace has made contact. How worrying that must have been for all of you! As an aside, thanks again so much for your sweet gesture yesterday. I can't wait!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to see violent crime so close. It's everywhere lately, it seems. :( And I'm glad that Candace is OK.

    I want you to climb a flight of stairs, just to change that "0" on the Fitbit stats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know what you mean about the violence. So sad that many are resorting to such measure, and for what, over stupid stuff. Also too it is sad how all of us must be cautious as we go about.

    What a terrifying ordeal that must have been with Candace. So glad that you and your family have heard from her. May she be always safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your niece is OK. I did not comment yesterday because I am still up in the air about it...but as long as you intentions were good, it can be all bad :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...