Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Katie does Kindergarten


Helloooooooooooooo! Oh my goodness, seems like forever since I wrote a post. I have totally missed it and all you guys.

Kindergarten is kicking my touche! I have been walking 13K-15K steps a day just during the course of my work day. From basically sedentary to walking over 5 miles a day. The kids are very entertaining to say the least and I already have favorites and of course the trouble makers LOL! They all call me Miss Katie and some even use my last name which if funny.

One funny story from last week was I was showing the kids flash cards of various workers like truck drivers, nurses, beauticians etc. and one came up for a photographer and one of the girls, Allyson, said "Paparazzi!" They are 4-5 years old mostly.

Weight is holding steady. I did not take my meds over the weekend so I am a little bloated but I will weigh in tomorrow. Speaking of weight, the kids have been asking me "Miss Katie, why are you so FAT?" Lovely eh? I knew it was inevitable but I have to call them out on it, explain it is not appropriate and to have them apologize to me. Make a learning experience out of it basically.

Sorry I did not announce a winner for the giveaway yet. I have just been trying to catch up on everything. It requires a lot of preparation so I have been getting things organized plus I have been getting up at 5:00 a.m. every day. Good ole kitty alarm clock - Bogey is 4.5 months old. I have had him 2 months today.

I need to get going but wanted to pop in and say hello. Hope you all are doing okay and I look forward to catching up with my reading. Until next time...


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a great start! Walking 5 miles a day will definitely kick start your weightloss I'm sure!! WOAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that age - they are so innocent and forthright. Honestly, I'm sure they are not asking you why are you fat with an ounce of meanness - it's sort of just whatever pops into their head at that age. "Fat" isn't a cuss word yet. But you are right, you do have a great opportunity to explain that it's not polite to comment on people's appearance.

    I'm sure the change in schedule and everything has you feeling in a tizzy but it will normalize soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you - sounds like kindergarten is a whole new experience on this side of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun! Except for the part about being called fat. :( Parents should teach their kids better... but if they aren't, at least you are doing it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new job! Good for you teaching those rude children manners that there parents should of already taught them by the time they are in kindergarten! I guess you have to have tough skin to be a teacher hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaa for enjoying your new job.
    I am called 'The Papparazzi' around here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you email me? I have a couple of fit bit questions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooove that you're loving your new job. I also love that you're getting all those steps in! Goodness! Go, you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great job. My 7-year-old niece told me I was getting too fat. Glad you're getting the steps in though. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...