Thursday, May 30, 2013

Brother from the Same Mother

The other day I got an email from my brother Fred. Fred is the eldest of Sandy's children. He is 4 years older then me. He lives in Alaska and even though I was in Alaska a few weeks after I discovered that I had siblings, we did not meet up at that time, even though it was just a few hours from where he lived.
That was July 2010.

I have talked to Fred a few times on the phone but we've never met. He decided to do a road trip and drove to Eureka to see Tess, our sister.  Michael lives there too but there is bad blood between them. Well, we are going to meet tomorrow! Fridays are my half day so he will be coming down to meet me in the afternoon. I'm excited and a little nervous but I'm sure it will be fine. Since he is the oldest, I'm sure he has a different perspective on everything. We will go to dinner and then on Saturday, we will go to Santa Cruz to meet up with Uncle Steve. 

Sunday is the Sting concert.  It's at 8:00 pm. I'm not sure if I'm going to go. Originally, I thought we would be out of school but we're in session until June 6th which is next Thursday.  I feel like a fuddy duddy but it's hard to get up at 5:45 am after a night out.  I'll decide tonight and then most likely sell the tickets. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what's on your mind...