Monday, January 25, 2010

Maudlin Monday

My plan was to go through and organize paperwork which I did and got quite a lot done. I did not realize however, the emotional impact it would have. It was cards, pictures, notes and paperwork that I was going through. Pictures of my dad and family, pictures of me at my heaviest looking really unhappy, notes from old friends and boyfriends, addresses of friends who are now dead… ugh… then to top it off…

I recently changed my outgoing voicemail to an automated message vs. my own personalized message because Dave is getting calls on my phone until we get a home phone… I was supposed to take her to her eye appointment this morning and called her around 3:00 p.m. yesterday to confirm what time I would arrive at her house and she said “Since I couldn’t reach you I asked Debby to take me” I had taken the morning off just to take her and we had numerous discussions about it! I was upset with her and hung up on her. I also called Debby and let her know I was not happy the situation but that she could take her. So instead of taking her, I opted to go to the pharmacy and got my hair cut. I arrived at work earlier then they expected me but got scolded because I had forgotten to write down an appt. in my appt. book. Oh well what can you do…

Did well on food over the weekend except I waited too long in between meals and got kinda shaky around dinner time last night. Did not do any “formal” exercise yesterday but did a lot of moving around lifting and pulling.

I need to contact my doctor about my blood pressure. While I was at the Pharmacy, I saw a blood pressure screening station and she took it and it was 108/60 and the last time it was 118/68. I think that is a little low. I am on two different blood pressure medications so I am wondering if I need to discontinue one. That would be good! My goal is to ditch ALL the meds I am on.

Well I hope the rest of the week turns out better then this! Until next time…

15 comments:

  1. Sucks about the mix up with the app-ppl can be weird. Hope tomorrow is a much better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry things got confused with the appointment. Those things happen. Hopefully it'll blow over soon.

    But onto the other news, it's great that you might be able to get off one of your bp meds! It really does show what a difference eating healthy and moving more can make. You're doing great, Katie, and you'll be med free in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard work - those papers, cards, memories -
    But something we all seem to face sooner or later in our weight-loss journey. One thing at a time, eh?
    The good thing is when we learn we can now do it without the drama - the bingeing, acting-out, procrastination.....etc.
    I'm still working on it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure they would let you get off one. :) My Dr said as you lose weight most people forget to lower or get rid of med until they are so tired they can hardly walk and wonder why. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crummy Monday, but at least you got your hair cut! I got to stop taking my BP meds after about 50 pounds were gone so yeah, you are probably not needing them (or as strong of a dose, anyway). Good deal on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you had such a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your sucky monday, but congrats on possibly getting off one of your meds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got your haircut at the pharmacy?


    Sorry, I couldn't help but smile when I read that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blood pressure is nothing to toy with, get the doctor's advice is the right thing to do.

    Maybe the medicine needs to be adjusted.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katie. Oh dear! Really hope the rest of the week goes better for you.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katie,
    Your blood pressure is actually really good. Old American Heart Association guidelines used to say that 120/80 was the best BP, but in the past few years they have revised it to 110/70 and now say that 120/80 is borderline hypertension!

    ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  12. monday's are teh worst! I agree with Sweet Tooth, I got mine measured last week and I was 109/70something and everyone says that that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that sounds like a case of the Monday's. I hope that today (Tuesday) is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fingers crossed for kicking meds to the curb! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...