I had a decent day yesterday even though I was still feeling funky . Just stuck with milder foods and drank lots of water and diet 7-up. We had BLTs for dinner. I am armed with my bodybugg today and ready to resume tracking. I even have the Digital Display on. I am actually drinking coffee so I know I am on the mend :-) Oh warm, wonderful energizing beverage, I have missed you!
Speaking of the bugg, they just came out with a new version called BodybuggSP. I don’t plan on upgrading mine anytime soon but it is nice to see they are upgrading it. I wonder if the new one has a built in HRM. I will research it and let you know.
The other day I received a package from Hershey’s Moderation Nation. It came with a T-shirt (Large - gave to Dave) a bag of kisses to be enjoyed in moderation of course and a food journal. It also had some helpful information with it that I thought I would pass on to you about food journaling.:
Keeping a Food Journal
Keeping a record of what you eat and how much activity you get will help you understand your patterns of behavior and assess what changes you need to make to get closer to a more balanced overall lifestyle. It will also help you identify where there is room for your favorite foods and make decisions about what to include from day to day. And if you decide to visit a dietitian or your doctor for additional guidance, your food journal will be an important tool to review with him or her as you build a program that works best for you.
Here are some helpful guidelines:
- Record your total intake of food and beverages (even small snacks or tastes). Be honest about what you consume. This is a tool to help you get in balance, not a test you pass or fail.
- Since it can be hard to recall what you have eaten for breakfast at the end of the day, do your best to record each meal or snack immediately after it is eaten. It is easy to forget the handful of chips, or the piece of gum you had but these calories can add up!
- For accuracy include all ingredients. For example: Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich: 2 slices of whole grain bread, 1 Tbsp. crunchy peanut butter (about the size of a golf ball) ½ banana. Be sure to include all condiments, or extras, like butter and gravy, etc.
- If eating out include name of restaurant and menu item.
- Describe method of preparation of food, e.g., grilled salmon
- Estimate portion sizes. Click here for helpful chart you can print and refer to as needed.
- Be sure to include any dietary supplements or medications you may take.
- Write down the place you ate your meal (home, car, office/desk, etc)
- Include any activity or exercise you did during the day. (Walking up stairs, etc.)
- If relevant, include mood, such as stressed, angry, happy, etc.
Tonight my plans are tentative. I may go to San Mateo to see Candace but we have not confirmed. I would be just as happy to stay home and watch the Giants game. GO GIANTS!!!!!!!
Not sure what to expect for tomorrow’s weigh in. I am hoping I at least stayed the same. Guess I will find out soon enough. Until next time…