Friday, February 13, 2009

Facing Future

Facing Future is the name of a CD by an artist named Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. He has the voice of an angel, let me tell you. You may have heard of him. He did a wonderful version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow that was popular in the early 90s and was used in some ads like eToy. He died in 1993 at the age of 38 due to weight related complications. At one point, he weighed 769 lbs.

I like the term Facing Future because I can't look back anymore. It is easy for me to slip into depression thinking of all the time I have squandered and not done anything about my weight. The past is the past and I can't change it now. I CAN however make peace with it and Face the Future knowing that there is a plan. I CAN become a stronger person, I CAN win this battle even at 42!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what's on your mind...