Friday, July 31, 2009

47 + A Dilemma


Still in slacker mode. I went to Danielle's and had a great dinner and some yummy wine. Deficit would have been better less the wine but did okay. I got on the scale this morning and I am down 1.5 lbs. for a total of 47 lbs! Woowoo!! I am so close to 50 lbs. I can taste it! Call me a weirdo but when saying you lost weight it sounds better to say 50 then 40... Anyways, I have been having a dilemma with clothes. First of all, I have lots of clothes. What puzzles me is the difference in fit from one item to the next. When I started this journey I was wearing 28s and they were just barely fitting and now I am wearing 24s comfortably. But there are still 28s or 3x items that are still too small. Then there is the need to get smaller items to supplement my wardrobe as I continue to lose more. Money is an issue. I can't afford to buy very much. Hopefully I will earn some cash with the Garage sale so I can get a few things. I have had offers from two ladies that have lost weight and they are expensive designer clothes but I am not there yet (1X or 20s.) The best news is that I have a friend named Scott who said that when I lose 100 lbs. he will give me $100 towards new clothes. He has told other friends and local business owners and now the kitty is up to $700!! I am so touched that they care that much about me and what a field day that will be! I am hoping to be there around February or so, so we shall see. I don't have any plans this weekend except to get organized and hopefully get my arse to the gym at some point. Hope you all have a great weekend. Until next time...
XOXOX,

11 comments:

  1. How is that make you a weirdo? 50 is almost 10 lbs more than 40. Weirdo!

    Knuckle down and get it this week. 3 lbs is totally doable with a lot of moving and shaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and boy can I move and shake it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your loss! you are doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What great friend! Can I get their numbers? lol. Your doing great Katie! Even after going on the cruise and "drinking enough to make up for 7 months" you still had a loss. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie - you are doing so awesome! How awesome is it that people want to give you money for clothes! Hello! That would be incentive right there for me! Keep it up girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a wine problem last night, too. Oh well, moving on. Great job on your loss! What an awesome reward to look forward to, and great incentive. You'll get quite a stash of clothes for $700!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your loss! 50, here you come! I'm this close to 40, which I'm thrilled about, but I agree, there is something about 50!!!

    I've been haunting the thrift stores for clothes. If you search and search, you can find some nice things for next to nothing.

    I'm in 20s in pants now, but today I wore a 26-28 shirt. It was tight when I bought it, and really loose today, but it was about the same size as my normal 22/24s. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take this as your virtual ass-kicking. Get moving girl! Shake off the slacker attitude and get to that 50. You can do it & you will feel so accomplished when you do.
    And seriously...think of all the cute clothes. If we all could be so lucky to have such great friends willing to do that for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep it up, girl!

    Clothes are so weird. The sizes seem to vary so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I purchased a pair of jeans that fit fantastic yesterday, the clerk told me that fit can vary up to one inch in the same size. She said to try everything on.

    You could try tailoring some of your items for an interim fit until tailoring won't work and you need new things. Buy a few things at time on sale. That's what I did. Penney's has great sales and lots of basics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so close, you can do it!
    And WOW - you have some great friends to give you cash for new clothes!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...