Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stuff & Scrap

Monday was fairly uneventful. Did fine on food but not much activity. I didn't put my bugg on until lunchtime so there was a bigger deficit then what is noted above. Since I have been in purge mode I decided to go through my filing cabinet and ditch some old paperwork. Well it was like walking back through time seeing all the old pictures, cards, mementos etc. I even cried at one point. I got through 90% of the top drawer and decided to call it a night. It feels wonderful getting rid of stuff plus we are going to be having another Garage sale before Halloween so I need to keep the ball rolling. My next project is to go through my storage. I just have way too much stuff!!


My friend Jo over at 282.5 has given me the prestigious Honest Scrap Award! Thank you Jo! Here are the rules of the award:

The Rules that go with receiving this award:

1. “The Honest Scrap” award must be shared!
2. The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves
3. The recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
4. Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award.
5. Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.

I will provide the list of bloggers in a subsequent post but here are the 10 things you don't know about me.

1. I have two tattoos. A hibiscus flower and the Sun
2. I have 7 holes in my ears but only wear one pair of earrings now
3. I am obsessed with cleaning my ears
4. I love Pink (you may know this!)
5. I have lived within a 15 mile radius my whole life
6. I strongly dislike wintergreen anything. It reminds me of Pepto Bismol
7. I have had the same best friend for 25 years (Hi Deb!)
8. I have a reoccurring dream of dying in a fire
9. I don't like gravy of any kind (which is probably a good thing)
10. I am adopted

Going to the gym tonight with Karla. I am actually looking forward to it! Until next time...

P.S. Happy first day of Fall! It is going to be over 100 degrees here today...

8 comments:

  1. Go you for putting that bodybugg back on! I'm so impressed with you for going through all your old things. Cleaning things out can be so emotionally and physically draining, but it's worth it.

    And I'm totally with you: wintergreen is disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received your note that you were awarding me the Honest Scrap Award. Thanks so much! And I enjoyed reading all the honest "scraps" about you.

    In my photo, I am NOT practicing CPR. I am moving the mannequin we use in court for attempted murder/murder cases. The medical examiner pushed rods through the poor guy to show wear bullets entered and then exited the body. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWO tattoos! I only have one, a scorpian, that I got back in college. Even though it's on my (former) hip bone and doesn't often see the light of day, I'm happy that I got it - reminds me of the good ol' days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate wintergreen too! We could be twins, lol!

    I'm always interested to hear about people's tattoos, not having any myself. The hibiscus makes sense, looking at your blog background. Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hibiscus is on my right ankle Miss Shelley! The sun is on my upper left thigh (near hip)

    I thought I was the only one who hated wintergreen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award! You totally deserve that recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, thanks so much for telling me that I am one of your picks for the award! I am really touched.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award. Well deserved!
    I'm totally loving reading everyones 10 things about themselves.:-)
    And great job on the purge and getting rid of things. Hard work, but it always feels so much better after the fact doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...