Had a good night last night. As soon as I got home from work, Dave and I went on a ride/walk. It was his idea and instead of me coming home, changing and settling in for the night, I changed into workout wear and hit the street. Worked out much better then trying to go after dinner. We had chicken, mashed potatoes and string beans for dinner. I used Shake 'n Bake with Parmesan cheese. Delish! I went to bed around 9:30 p.m. This time change makes me so sleepy!
I need to go to my mom's tonight to work on some stuff. I can't keep making excuses for not going over there. I just need to put my big girl panties on and get over it. Dinner will most likely be Fish Market.
By the way, I got 60 ozs. of water in yesterday. It was an effort but I think it is worth it in the long run. Here are the top reasons we should drink our water:
- Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories.
- Natural Remedy for Headache: Helps to relieve headache and back pains due to dehydration. Although there are many other reasons contribute to headache, dehydration is the common one.
- Look Younger with Healthier Skin: You’ll look younger when your skin is properly hydrated. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increase skin elasticity.
- Better Productivity at Work: Your brain is mostly made up of water, thus drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and more concentrate.
- Better Exercise: Drinking water regulates your body temperature. You’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises and water helps to fuel your muscle.
- Helps in Digestion and Constipation: Drinking water raises your metabolism because it helps in digestion. Fiber and water goes hand in hand so that you can have your daily bowel movement
- Less Cramps and Sprains: Proper hydration helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated, so you’ll less likely get cramps and sprains.
- Less Likely to Get Sick and Feel Healthy: Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu and other ailments like kidney stones and heart attack.
- Relieves Fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks of water, your heart, for instance, need to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and so are you.
- Reduce the Risk of Cancer: Related to the digestive system, some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water dilutes the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine and shortens the time in which they are in contact with bladder lining.
P.S. Sean at Diary of a Winning Loser hit goal yesterday!! He has lost 275 lbs! Go over and read his post here.