Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Stuff

I went to church and to the program for my class this morning. Dave and I spent the afternoon together. I put some new plants on my porch and he helped me do 4 loads of laundry. What a nice guy huh? I really can't complain because the laundry is two doors down. It is the putting it away part that I dread but everything I own is clean right now and that is a great feeling!

So I had a Angus Beef Hamburger with Bacon at McDonald's for lunch today. It is the 1st fast food hamburger I have had this year. It was good. It was 790 calories! Can you believe that? I split medium fries with Dave and I felt like someone painted lard on my tongue. Blechh... but the burger was tasty. I really should have ordered better but it sounded good and I won't be having another one ANY time soon so it is over and done with.

My friend Karla are planning on walking on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I can ride my bike to her place and then we are going to Central Park (Shelley!) and walk there. There is a lake with ducks, a swim center and a library all connected. It is a great place to walk and it will be fun to have a walking buddy... Hope you all had a nice weekend. Until next time...

XOXOX,


8 comments:

  1. Hello Katie

    Amazing how different things taste if you havent had them for sometime.
    I've given up things like Pizza and french fries - too many calories and when I see how it takes me an hour of running to burn under 500 calories its just not worth it anymore.

    Enjoy the walk in the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I read your blog before heading to bed. I have a load of towels that have been in the washer for far too long and it's time to move them on over to the dryer.

    Glad you enjoyed your Sunday. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry. It's the "regular" things that count.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you just gotta have a burger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 loads of laundry in one day is impressive. I only managed two on Sunday and now one is still waiting for me. Love the walking - hope you enjoy it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of calories! Wow. Isn't it great, though, that you're in a place where you can have something like that, keep track, journal it, count the calories and move on without getting back into old thinking?

    I need to have laundry day today. Sadly, I have more than four loads to do. I make my boys put it away! lol

    Sounds wonderful to have a walking buddy and a great place to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Central Park - I spent so much time there! Funny, walking all around it (and messing around on the playground equipment - yes, as a teenager!) didn't seem like exercise at all back then...but it would be now! Aw, now I'm getting all sentimental over the good old days in Santa Clara! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing how many calories there are in one fast food burger.

    The walking buddy sounds wonderful. Congrats on getting all that laundry done!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...