Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cardio Bellydance


Lynn over at Actual Scale mentioned this DVD and it sounded intriguing so I ordered it on eBay for $14. Here is the description from Amazon:

Burn calories, work up a sweat and tone muscles you never knew you had!

Join Dolphina in an exhilarating cardiovascular bellydance workout (beneficial to people of all fitness and dance levels) that sculpts, defines and strengthens your core. Experience the freedom and joy of bellydance while raising your heart rate and getting a full body workout.

DVD EXTRAS: Bonus Performance by Dolphina "How to Create Bellydance Costumes" - Dolphina demonstrates how you can create simple costumes with a hip scarf or coin belt and how to select an elaborate ensemble to impress an audience.

Dolphina, "Bellydancer to the Stars," has personally introduced The Goddess Workout to Jessica Alba, Pamela Anderson, Salma Hayek and Heather Locklear. A certified yoga and fitness instructor, she has been featured on hundreds of TV shows and magazines and teaches filled-to-capacity bellydance and burlesque classes.

I really enjoyed it! I was able to catch on pretty quickly. She explains things really well and is also encouraging. I like the fact that she promotes positive body image regardless of your size and encourages embracing your curves. I could definitely feel the muscles being used and my heart rate was up especially doing the camel which is one of the main moves. I need to work on that one for sure. I encourage anyone to try belly dancing and bring out your inner Goddess!

Have a great Sunday everyone! Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. I love bellydance, and will have to look into this. My eldest daughter has recently gone pro, and I can't wait to see some of the dance costumes she's been sewing and weaving! This DVD looks like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! I just got that one myself because of Lynn mentioning it! cool.

    Unlike you I haven't tried it yet though so I'm real happy to hear you enjoyed it and found it easy to do.
    I'll do that tomorrow.

    Happy Bellydancing, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dance around the house all day, but I guess that doesn't count.
    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you liked it as much as I do!

    I love that I now have something *fun* to do that is actually exercise.

    Now I want one of those coin belts so it makes noise when doing the Shimmy & whatnot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me and my girlfriends have been thinking about trying that. I must see if it is on ebay. I want a coin belt and scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh...that looks like so much fun. I just bought 3 work out videos so I am going to hold of for now but Its something to consider in the future

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are all bellydancing mad these days, lol!

    I can nearly do the camel, but it is sooooo hard!

    Love that it suggests how to make costumes, cool.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...