Friday, May 7, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now


the rain has gone. I can see all obstacles in my way... (Gotta love Jimmy Cliff!) I got my new glasses yesterday. They are Jones New York and are the most fashionable glasses I have ever had. They cost a small fortune ($325!) but I think they look pretty good and I can see wonderfully with them. I posted this same picture on Facebook and got quite a response - I was super flattered.

I am getting better about having pictures taken of myself. I don't automatically delete them as soon as I see them. Now, I am still not a big fan of full body pictures like the ones for the challenge but I did not cringe at the sight of them either. I do see I have made some progress and it is a motivator to keep pushing through. What I need to do is measure again so I can do a comparison of when I started Personal Training and compare it to after.

I didn't go to my Personal Training appt. last night. I cancelled because I am still an itchy mess and thought it would be better next week. I took the open evening to clean out my closet of winter clothes that are too big. I filled up two tall kitchen bags full. Yay for that. Although, it was oddly sad seeing them go. I am SO GLAD I am not that big anymore but they were nice clothes, know what I mean?




Here are my numbers from yesterday. Nice deficit! It was because I kept moving trying to put stuff away so I wouldn't snack.



By the way, here is the bottom of the creamer/pitcher so there is no hiding that I am 5 years late. Yes, I did make it for those of you who asked. Well I painted the bisque technically. Oh and glazed and fired it ;-) If you would like to take a look at some of my other pieces, you can go here.

I am taking my mom to see Oceans and to do brunch. We will do it on Saturday to avoid the rush. I got her a sweet card that plays "You are My Sunshine." She used to sing that to me when I was young. I think I will also get her a piece of pie from Marie Callendar's. Her favorite is Key Lime. I am not a big pie fan so no temptation for me.

Sunday is open at this point. Dave has a game in the morning but the afternoon is free. The weather will be a bit cooler but I would like to get out and do something. We shall see. Hope you all have a wonderful and ACTIVE weekend! Until next time...



P.S. I just realized that my blouse matches my blog! LOL

28 comments:

  1. I love the new glasses! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very snazzy! I'm sure your Aunt will think that's a hoot that the pitcher is 5 years late. Hope your time with your mom is special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely adorable and I love the glasses.

    better late than never I guess!

    Enjoy your special time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable! Congrats on getting rid of the big clothes. And don't you secretly think those horrible old pictures of your self are incredibly intriguing. I don't even RECOGNIZE that person. Maybe it's not just the appearance. A lot of things have changed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the glasses and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really look cute in the new glasses - also I love that color shirt on you!

    Love that you outed yourself with the inscription on the bottom of the pitcher...too funny!

    Now stop canceling you trainer appointments and just go - there will always be something going on to make it a "not perfect" time. /end tough love.

    Sweet Mother's Day card - my mom used to sing that song a lot, too! What memories you've brought up now...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the glasses! They look darling on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your so cute! What a great smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME DEFICIT!!! And I absolutely ADORE those glasses! SO stylin'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to work in the glasses industry. they are perfect for you. that is a fabulous picture. I see a major difference. good bye to big clothes. yeah

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a beautiful picture!! And take it from a glasses-wearer, those are some nice glasses! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great glasses on you..really flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adore the glasses...I think that square framed glasses are so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the new glasses they compliment you! I also like the new picture and that smile you look so happy! Enjoy your friday and your weekend as well and always thanks for the encourgment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fabulous!!! I love that you match your blog!! LOL!!!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Snappy new glasses. You're a real "looker". They look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of my favorite songs. The glasses look great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww you look so cute - that pic makes me just want to hug you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new speks look great. Cute top, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. CUTE PIC! Love the new specs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally making my rounds through LHA!

    Glad to see a familiar face in the challenge... and gotta say I'm loving the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, your glasses are so cute! Very flattering! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Katie. I think your new glasses look great!

    I love your pitcher - and even the bottom of it is really pretty.

    I hope that itching clears up really quickly.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Keep the specs for a year - that's a buck a day.
    And to look like that *whistle*
    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the glasses! I hope you have a wonderful time with your mother. Sounds like it is going to be fun~

    ReplyDelete
  26. The glasses were totally worth the $! Very stylish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Katie-I got my bodybugg today-thank you so much-you are a real sweetheart-I added you to facebook. You look so much younger now from when I first started reading your blog-you rock chicky~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...