Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gracious Compliments

I had a lovely time at the banquet. The food was really good and the entertainment was a riot! Since I work in the main office I don't see the school staff but once a year so there were quite a few people who came up to me and told me how good I look. The President of the company actually clasped my face in her hands and said "Look how beautiful you are! Look at that face! Keep it up Katie!" I also had lots of compliments on my eye shadow which is so foreign to me. First of all, I wear eyeshadow like twice a year and usually very neutral colors. Well this time I branched out and wore shades of grey and I guess I did a good job. I am learning to accept compliments graciously. Here are the pictures:





Tonight we are going to Dave's nephew's graduation at St. Lucy's. It is after work so I can actually go. They will have a dinner afterwards at Willow Street so I am going to get the spinach salad I like there. The plan is to go to bed early and get up at 6:00 a.m. for our walk.

We didn't get our walk in this morning. By the time I got home and relaxed it was after midnight. Dave and I talked and we are back on the same page again...whew... He was sweet this morning and told me I looked good from the backside - LOL. Until next time...


20 comments:

  1. Katie, you are beautiful, don't ever forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie-I love you pics especially that beautiful smile~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look fantastic. And how wonderful to hear that from so many people! And not such a bad thing to be told by your honey that the rear view is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Dave's compliment! You really did look beautiful and deserved all the compliments you got.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why it's so hard to accept compliments. I'm glad that you did though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful woman!! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos! Hope you have fun at the graduation & dinner. Glad to hear that you to are on the same page again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do look terrific!!!! What a sweet boss too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies! Means a lot! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so beautiful Katie!!!! Keep up the good work, you are making it happen and that's the best feeling ever. ;)

    D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good! Compliments are always great motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking quite lovely!! Keep it up, Kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look Marvelous!

    The food looked yummy. 3 cheers for being on the same page.

    Have a nice graduation night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool pics, very cool! :D Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. How great to have people notice all the hard work and sacrifice. It really does show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do look great Katie! I am sure it was nice to hear those compliments, you deserve them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was cool looking at the progress in your pics. Excellent! You're transforming!

    Anyway, you'd asked about MSM cream, and I posted about it (with a pic of which one I got) here:
    http://onceuponadiet.blogspot.com/2010/05/argh-double-argh-loading-up-pantry-with.html

    Amazon has a great price for two now, and I may take advantage. Much cheaper than getting it from original vendor I got it from (iHerb, which usually has great prices).

    Bye...

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look great Katie, and your smile is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you and Dave kissed and made up :) You look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect mix here :)
    YES YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL.
    happy.
    emanating from your CORE.

    but what dave said? :) still realllly nice to hear every now and then huh?

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...