Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's gonna be hot!

Had a nice time with Dave's family. I had a salad and 3 pieces of pizza. One cheese and two veggie. I budgeted for the calories though. We got home fairly early and actually got motivated and hung window treatments, pictures and a new mirror. I didn't get any good pics of us so I am going to keep trying but I got some of Dave as a toddler and in his 30s. I will scan them next week.

We got out for our walk this morning about 6:30 a.m. We walked to Blinky's to check out Dad's and Grads. Every year the bar opens at 6:00 a.m. to welcome the Santa Clara University students and their Dad's. It is packed solid from door-to-door! It is a sight to see and in years past I was on the welcoming committee ;-) I am a good greeter!

It is going to be in the mid 90s all weekend. I am so glad we hung the window panels! It will take like 8-10 degrees off the front room. Tomorrow I am planning on going to church and then heading coastal to see Deb, Larry and family. It will be much cooler there and I always love going coastal. Hoping the traffic isn't horrendous. Have a great day! Until next time...

12 comments:

  1. sounds like a great weekend, we too have a sunny forecast! Love seeing the sun, it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going coastal...in California! Have a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our graduation weekend typically falls on Mother's Day weekend ... but man oh man would our bars LOVE it if it wasn't so they could jump on the Dads & Grads idea! Somehow I don't think it would go over too well with the moms as things stand now. "Here, not only are we going to take your day away and make it all about the kid ... but we're going the make the day before all about their dad!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love heading to the coast when we expect warm temps- have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live on the coast so when it gets too hot here, we run for air conditioning - lol!

    Have lots of fun and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet you are a great greeter! What a neat tradition.

    Ahhh, the beach. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow - while I swelter every time I go outside. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun on the coast! It's cool here, we could use some hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie. Hope you have a wonderful day at the coast tomorrow. It's warm and muggy here but quite overcast, so I can just about tolerate it.

    On the photos - I can't get the Bear to have his photo taken. It's because he's upset that he looks so old! I can't get him to see that the saggy jowls don't detract from his gorgeousness. Men are lucky buggers aren't they?!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a great weekend. Going up the coast sounds marvelous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done with the pizza keeping it non-meat...those fatty meats like sausage, pepperoni, etc. taste wonderful, but make a huge difference in the end calories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an awesome day! :) keep trying on the pics...I don't even remember what it used to be like when we all had regular cameras....these days I find myself taking 60 pictures of one thing and then deleting the 58 where I look horrible!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...