Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June Baby!


Taken on Sunday at the cemetary. Best picture I have taken in awhile.

Had a nice Memorial Day and 3 day weekend. Hope you all did too! Yesterday, Dave and I got up at 7:00 a.m. and went out to breakfast and then to Target. I was looking for some white pants and window panels for the front room and was able to get both items and then some ;-) Then I had an 11:00 a.m. Personal Training appt. with Grace and had a great workout. Even one of the other members commented on how red in the face I was. Hmm... thanks for pointing that out dude. I bought some protein powder to do some meal replacing. Dave is about 15 lbs. overweight so he wants to try them too. I only have two more sessions with Grace which is a major bummer BUT she is branching out on her own so I will most likely use her services outside the gym. It is $50/session but she is limited on how much she can say while she is still at 24hr. Fortunately, she will be right down the street from the gym is.

I got on the scale on Saturday and it said 253! That is the lowest I have been on this journey (62 lbs. lost!) It is also 8 lbs. lighter then when I weighed on Wednesday (5/26). I could not believe it! I had to step on the scale 3 times just to verify. I knew something was up because I felt puffy plus my calories consumed were low because of the antibiotics. Thanks again Erika for telling me to hang tight. Goes to show you that sometimes you just need to keep pushing through even if there does not seem to be any benefit or change right away.

This morning Dave and I got up at 6:00 a.m. and went for a walk in our neighborhood. Who is this woman that is drinking protein shakes, doing personal training and walking at 6:00 a.m.?? I am not generally a morning person so this is a big leap for me but I enjoyed it and think it is a great way to start the day. Our goal is to do it every weekday morning. I even had coffee and cereal by 8:45 which is unusual for me too. It is usually 10:00 a.m. before I can stomach any kind of breakfast. Until next time...

21 comments:

  1. WTG!! That's fantastic! And congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AWESOME. Holy cow. You are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great that you got a walk in this morning!! Morning exercise will give your whole day a lot more energy. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the loss!! That is wonderful. Morning walks sound great!! I love exercising first thing in the morning. Makes for a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!

    Haha...I can never go to Target and just come out with what I was planning to buy...I always come out with much, much more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoorah for your weight loss! I am glad you didn't freak out about it last week - it's a bumpy ride sometimes, but there is a finish line at the end!

    Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love morning walks or workouts :) Yay on your 62 lbs! :) You really are on your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very awesome weekend for sure and really cute pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geeze Louise!!! 8 pounds is fantastic. You look great in your picture, too. So glad you're feeling positive and motivated. You are well on your way, KJ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic loss! YOU ARE ROCKING IT! :) WHOOHOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your last paragraph reminds me of something I wrote not too long ago - it's like you look at yourself from afar and wonder "who is that person acting all healthy-like?" - it's YOU, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to loose it! It really is all you. You have reminded me to just hang tough. Things will change.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are making all the changes necessary for success...some small...some huge...you have a right to be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go!! 8 lbs is HUGE! You are looking so thin in the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are looking great.. awesome loss chick.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Katie, just Wow!

    you look great!

    8 lbs??? Dayum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE IT
    you are now officially HARD OF CORE.
    theres no way around it, Sister and that early morning walking sealed the proverbial deal :)

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Way to go Katie! You look beeyooteefull!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the loss! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look great! Fantastic loss! Congrats on the early walk. I am going to have to start that soon-it is getting really hot around here later in the day, when I usually walk!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...