Monday, July 5, 2010

Three Day Malay

So where I do I begin. Well eating has been off. I did okay until yesterday and had cocktails and then a steak sandwich, some ice cream and chips. It was the sheer volume of food plus the beers and my tummy did not react well. Enough said. Monday I had eggs and a grilled cheese and chicken. At least I can cook while I am dog sitting because eating out all the time just plain sucks. Dave and I have been splitting meals so that does help with expense and calories.

I talked at length with Tess. I learned that we are actually half sisters. Same mother, different father. I was the only one who was adopted out. They were told early on that I had died of a hole in my heart. Tess learned around 7 years old that I had not died but had been given up for adoption. My birth name was Renee Marie Waldrip. Mother was Sandra Waldrip. Father, apparently was Bruce Smith. There were two men that signed off on my adoption so I assume one was Smith and the other was Waldrip.

Tess has 4 children, 3 girls and 1 boy. Candace is the oldest and she is 25 and actually lives in the area so we plan on getting together. Olivia her youngest daughter is now actually following my blog and left a comment here. Candace and Olivia and I are also friends of Facebook. Mind boggling isn't it? I also found another relative through Ancestry.com

I haven't had the opportunity to tell my mom that I have discovered all this info and that I have spoken to my bio family. I just want to make sure her feelings don't get hurt. Which reminds me, when I turned 21 my mom wrote a card in calligraphy for me and this is what it said:


Not breast of my breast
Nor bone of my bone
But still miraculously my own
Never forget for a single minute
You didn't grow under my heart but in it


Hope you all had a safe and happy 4th. I sprained my toe getting out of the jacuzzi on Saturday and it is all black and blue. I wonder if I will be able to wear my work shoes. We'll see... Until next time...


16 comments:

  1. good luck getting back on track with your food...you CAN DO IT! and such sweet words from your mom....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her card to you...so exciting for your new discovery...a whole new chapter to read and write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got goosebumps reading Olivia's comment - I am so happy for you, Katie, that you have such a sweet biological family...and that they were looking for you! Wow!

    What a sweet poem your mom gave you - hope she takes this well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, you will get back on track, there are so many twists and turns in life, I always wonder where our paths will lead us next. all the best my friend. I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.) I am back on "the wagon" today, after indulging yesterday as well. ;)

    2.) I hope your toe gets better and that you enjoyed the jacuzzi.

    3.) As everything unfolds (about your family) I find it so amazing. You have SO many people who love and care for you and some you didn't even know of. I hope your mom takes the news well (I am sure she will.) A mother just wants to know that you are happy and cared for and we can all see that that is true. Plus, who doesn't love an expanding family.

    Love!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sentiment from you mother! You were chosen to be her child, a special belonging of the heart from the beginning. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 years ago I came home to find a message on MySpace from a lady telling me she was my sister. We are veryclose now and people find it hard to believe we did not grow up together. About 2 months ago this time on Face Book I got a message stating that a man was my brother. We are working on that relationship. We all 3 have different fathers but have the same mom. I know how wonky this can be for a person. I am here for you if you need to talk even if I am a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's so much information to take in at once, but you seem to be handling it with grace. I love what your mother wrote to you...isn't it so true though?

    xo
    lacey

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great poem. It will be hard to tell your mom, I think, but I'll bet she knows somewhere in her heart that this day would come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You finally found your other family- so great that it's all working out and they seem like such nice people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad the family you found turned out to be so welcoming. Funny you should mention the bdad I was going to ask about him. What next? Will you try to connect and find them?

    Sorry about the toe hopefully you can still work out somehow. I'm sure you can get back on track with the food starting now today:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How great that they were looking for you! I am happy that you are getting some knowledge and peace about all this Katie. Of course you don't want your mom to be hurt so here's hoping that she'll be ok when you are able to tell her about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on finding some of your roots. And your Mom will be happy because you are happy. I'm an adoptive Mom myself, and I would really be excited if my daughter had contact with her birth family. Your Mom loves you no matter what, that's what we do. :-) It'll be just fine, don't worry!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting-that poem is really beautiful~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...