Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Making Holiday Plans

Monday night was fairly uneventful. I was still feeling crunchy from my antics on Sunday so I just took it easy. We had BLTs with Turkey bacon for din din.  I peeked at the scale and luckily my weight is down so I am hoping to keep the downward trend for my weigh in on Friday.

Since we are on the cusp of the holidays, I took the liberty of making plans for my mom and Dave and I. For Thanksgiving we will be having dinner at Mariani's at 4:00 p.m. and then going to Dave's sister's house for dessert and coffee. The good thing is that they options besides turkey. I am not really a turkey fan and I don't like gravy so most likely I will have salmon.

Since my dad passed away in 1999 my mom and I have opted not to be home for Christmas. We have gone to Las Vegas, Reno, The Mexican Riviera, Santa Barbara and San Francisco a few times. This year we are going to see Shrek the Musical in San Francisco at the Orpheum Theatre on Christmas Eve at 2:00 p.m. Instead of staying overnight we will just drive home and then I will spend the day with Dave and his family on Christmas Day.

I think I am going to go see Bruce (bio-father) tonight. I sent him a Halloween card, letter and a picture of me early last week. I am hoping that he will allow me to have access to his medical records etc. because I believe he needs someone to advocate for him.  He isn't even exactly sure why he is in the facility so I would like to find out for him. I would understand if he didn't want me to though. As far as he is concerned, I am a stranger and he may think I have ill intentions. I will be honest and say that I want access to his medical information for my own knowledge too but I just want to help him if I can. Lani (the nurse) talked to him and suggested he go off site for a meal or something with me and he said that was a good idea. According to her, he has not been outside of the facility since he arrived in January! Yikes! That is wayyyyyy too long! Until next time...



P.S. Congratulations San Francisco Giants! Don't forget to vote!

8 comments:

  1. I voted.

    You are too funny with the Giants thing. Congratulations Coach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas with everyone. Hope the dad thing goes ok too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the visit to Bruce. That is such a big deal! So many emotions, Iwould think. And questions.

    I hope it goes well.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like lots of good things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it is already time to start thinking of the holiday's!

    Good luck with Bruce, I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shrek the musical would be so awesome to see! I voted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh and we are off to see SHREK the musical this weekend :)



    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can I be friends with you if you don't like turkey or gravy?.............I have to think about this-haha~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...