|Sample Board (Mine is a WIP)|
Create Your First Dream Board (Dream It, Create It, Become It)Summary: First you have a dream or idea. Then you make a plan. A dream board is a creative and fun part of a plan. Then you go to it! Go on your adventure and take your dreams and move towards action. Get the whole family involved by having each of them create a dream board or create a family board!
Have you ever heard of "Dream Boards" or "Treasure Maps", too? Lately, they've been called "Treasure Maps", A Dream Board is a visual picture of the dreams you have for your life that you want to come true. The concept is that we attract to us what we think. And if we put good things in front of us, those things we've always wanted, those things we've always thought about having in our lives, then we will attract what we think.
I've watched clients want something but not write it down and not visualize or affirm it. One said that his business wasn't what he envisioned and he wanted that vision to become his reality. In other words, if your vision is in your head, that's not where it needs to be. It needs to be out in the world for all to see.
Some of my clients also use this concept to visualize their businesses, too! It's their first business plan. One thing though...don't "get stuck" on your dream boards. We all have plans for our future, however it's important to watch the universe for signs of it's plans for us. Otherwise we might miss out on some great opportunities!
How To Create Your first Board
- Purchase a large piece of paper such as "oak tag" or "poster board" in whatever color you like!
- You now have the beginnings of your Dream Board.
- In the center of your board put a picture of you that you really enjoy viewing.
- Whatever your dreams, goals, etc., start cutting out pictures that symbolize your dreams and paste them on your board.
- Or draw the pictures. Can't draw perfectly? Draw it anyway! (If I can, you can.)
- Put captions under the pictures.
- What are some of your dreams? Remember to include all areas of your life on your board... Career/Business, Relationships (self-others), Money, Recreation/Play, Health/Well Being.. Get specific.... real specific and descriptive!
- Go for it!! Enjoy it!! Have fun with it!!
- Tack it on the wall.
- As your dreams continue to grow (or change), keep adding to it.
- Make it the last thing you look at before you go to sleep.
- Spend a few moments in front of it before you start your day!
- Poster board/oak tag
- 4 thumbtacks
- Elmer's glue
- Scotch tape
- A photo or photos of you
- Pens, markers
- Shells, leaves, or something else from nature
- Scissors: straight edge or your favorite border design
- Few pieces of thick 8 1/2 x 11 paper
- Favorite rubber stamps
- Your Ideas here
Sections Of Your BoardLife Vision Board: Personal Growth, Religious/Spiritual Growth, Relationships Family, Romance, Friends, Career & Business, Finance & Money, Play & Recreation, Health & Fitness, Physical Environment, etc.
Business Vision Board: Your Office, Staff, Bank Account, Client Results, Products, Retirement, Accolades, Philanthropy Efforts, etc.Special thanks to my first coach Edie Peirera-Hulbert, author Susan Ban Breathnach and the 4T Prosperity Program at Unity Church for teaching about these concepts and helping me put them into good use.
Note to parents: Create dream boards with your children. Create a family dream board. Learn more here
This article was published in 2000. Since then (2004 I think) Mark Victor Hansen has done a PBS special and it included information on Vision Boards -- same thing. If you're a business owner and prefer creating a small version of a dream board, small enough to carry around, then check out this software for Business Owners/Professionals Version For MLM's
© 2011Maria Marsala. An irrepressible entrepreneur, Maria Marsala sold AVON at age 14 and landed on Wall Street three years later. She became a bond trader at a time when female executives were as rare as pink diamonds. In 1998, brimming with over 25 years of business experience, Maria founded Elevating Your Business, a business development company dedicated to helping high-achieving financial sector women CEO's, presidents and executives shift into extreme succe$$. Maria customizes solutions to detect and overcome each client's unique obstacles, helping them create the business and lifestyle they only imagined possible. It starts at www.CoachMaria.com