Monday, January 3, 2011

Messy Monday

Good morning ladies and gents! How are you doing today? I am on the mend. I am not 100% yet. According to the nurse I spoke with, she said it can hang in as long as 10 days and I am on day 6 so we shall see how it goes. I am dressed warm and will continue to drink lots of fluids. I am armed with my bodybugg and water too :-)

Seems like everything is a mess today. Maybe because it is post-Christmas and I still have to put decos away at work AND at home. Everything seems sparse and boring now LOL!

I just learned that one of my co-workers was let go on Thursday. He was a contractor so it was bound to happen but I had grown rather fond of him so work won't be the same for awhile. He is a smart cookie though and I have faith he will find something right away.

I got on the scale this morning and I am at 259 so I will consider that my starting point for the year. I am going to keep the current program that I have plugged into my bodybugg which is:

This is entirely doable. I want to do this as a minimum so anything above and beyond that will be icing on the cake (no pun intended) I would love love love to be in Onderland by my 45th birthday (June 21st) so we will see how it goes. No more lollygagging! I do have some incentive which I will reveal tomorrow. I know I said that last week but I am going to try again.  I will give you a hint: It includes bacon, mizchief and travel. Until next time...

20 comments:

  1. I hope you're in onederland too on your b-day! That'd be awesome. AND you deserve it.

    *hugs* Get better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness this bug has held onto you tight. I hope you're feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. I know a woman how has a bug for more then a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How's that for a really random teaser!! Haha

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. Bil and I had the flu right after Thanksgiving--I thought it was going to last forever! Finally, slowly it went away. It took rather a long time to get our energy back.

    You know, if you had an additional 500 calorie deficit a day, you'd sail into Onederland easily by your birthday!

    Your cal burn looks high already, but if you knocked 500 cals off your plan, you'd still be at 1600 calories a day.

    Oh, how I'd like to eat 1600 calories a day! (If I have more than 1200 or so, I don't lose weight.)

    We're going to get this thing done, this year!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, a surprise tomorrow. Must come back. I have a Bodybugg too, but personally didn't find it that helpful, but one thing I really noticed is that after you eat your calorie burning goes up. So it's true what they say about eating. Ramps up your metabolism. Can't wait to see you in 1-derland, Katie. You will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it Katie!! I'll be your cheerleader if you need one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll keep tuned in to see how you are doing with the Bodybugg. One of the women in my TOPS group said it really helped her, and she's at her goal weight now. Good for you! And I hope you are back to 100% very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound mischievous yourself - I can almost hear the twinkle in your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally do-able goal, Katie! I have no doubt you'll get there. :) Hope you feel better soon! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs (from a distance!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go Katie - all the way to Onederland!!! You can do it if you do it. :)

    Hope you continue to feel better - being sick is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. With determination and patience you can make it Katie to onderland. You know that too. I will be there to support you on the way (weigh),

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can totally do 10 lbs of weight loss a month to make your birthday goal weight.

    I hope you are feeling better soonish. 10 days worth of being sick sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you're not feeling well Katie but you will definitely be on your way... once you're feeling better that is... my bodybugg died... I'm one sad person... not to worry. Saving my pennies for a new one.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure you can get into Onderland too mate! ONWARD...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katie!

    Happy New Year! Hope you feel better soon - I had my share of colds, etc last year and am ready to be virus free for awhile...:-)
    It would be great to get together sometime. I started a new contract gig in Palo Alto and am over the hill much more often. Maybe we could meet for dinner or once the days get longer we could meet after work for a walk. I know you can get to onderland this year Katie! It is going to feel so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HECK YES IT IS DOABLE (she shouts)
    especially with bacon :) love the NoMo'



    MizFit

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...