Friday, January 27, 2012

Finagling Friday

Yay, it's Friday!! As a working gal I live for Fridays.

I got on the scale this morning and it was back down to 250 so I am going to take it. I was able to eat within my normal calories yesterday and drank lots of water so that helped too I am sure. 

I went to the meeting as planned. I won't give you all the details but let's just say it was one of the toughest conversations that I have ever had. One thing my mom mentioned to me was "How proud of me" she was.  I think every child longs to hear that no matter how old they are. I told her it was the way I was brought up and that she would do the same for me.  The next plan of action is to look at some locations for her to rehab at. It is not a permanent situation which made me feel a lot better.

After I got home last night I was hungry so I decided to make some eggs with spinach. I love the combo of spinach and eggs. I had purchased some egg substitute as I had never tried it before. I just wanted to see how different it was from real eggs. It seemed like they took a little longer to cook but the taste was good so now I know I can use them as an option. Plus, it lasts a long time. The one I bought is good until March!

It is supposed to be in the upper 60s and even low 70s in some places this weekend. I would really like to hop on Phoebe (my pink beach cruiser) and ride the trails. I need to do some grocery shopping as well. Hope you all have a great weekend! Be kind to yourself. Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy the weekend...I'm jealous and miss how bike friendly NorCal was...we used to ride up and down the Foothill Expressway between Mountain View and Palo Alto all the time....ah...those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend!

    I've been mucking about with egg substitutes for awhile. My favorites at the moment are the just plain, cartoned egg whites. I take half a cup of those and 1 TBSP of parmesan/ romano blend shredded cheese, and I've got a good protein source for just under 100 calories. Add a banana and it's breakfast. Not bad at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so great to realize that a parent is proud of and appreciate you - glad that your mom is verbalizing what I'm sure she feels all the time!

    Hope you do get out on the bike - and enjoy the wonderful weather. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to hear your mom actually verbalize how she feels. It is so difficult as parents age and we become their parent.

    I hope you do get Phoebe going! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fantabulous weekend Katie:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend and enjoy the fabulous weather! It is even warmer, down here in the Southern part of the state. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...