Friday, February 10, 2012

Have Faith Friday


"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." --Albert Schweitzer

Well that was quite a novel I wrote yesterday huh? Actually it was kind of depressing. Seeing it in print made it that much more apparent that I am my own roadblock. I know there are going to be many more challenges on the horizon that I will be facing and I need to start using exercise as my outlet. Not only will it benefit my body but it also give me endorphins and a sense of accomplishment.

I have to be honest and tell you that I kinda lost faith in myself recently. Between my family stuff and my stall in WL, I felt like a failure but you guys reminded me that I am strong and I can do this. When I took my mom to her accountant the other day she told me she is proud of me and was impressed with my business acumen. It felt so good to hear that from her. It is not something I heard often when I was younger.  I also got this email from my bio-brother, Michael:

I'm so happy you're in my life too and that we found you Katie. God does things for a reason. You need me and I need you! We love and help each other overcome life's trials. It makes me feel good in my heart that I make a difference in your life.  I will be there for you Katie if you allow me to be. I love you with all my heart. Keep your head up, your a wonderful women.  You deserve the best sis.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for believing in me when I didn't believe in myself. It means more then I could ever express to y'all. The bottom line for me is NEVER GIVE UP! Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Just remember how much is changing..and really all for the better. You have your freedom now...and your mother is going through a very natural phase of aging. Keep your brother out of things and it'll all work out just fine.

    And yes...you are stronger for it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it doesn't seem like it, but this is just a small blip in the long road of life. Cheesy I know:) You have so much to be proud of. Regardless of whether or not your WL has stalled, look at how far you've come! You are an inspiration to me (even if you don't think so) and you have handled yourself admirably through the difficult changes in your life. You are a very strong woman Katie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just discovered your blog.. and wishing you the best along the way... just remember Success is not final and failure is never fatal it is the courage to continue that counts.. that is one of my favorite quotes I have found recently... am going to put you in my blogroll so I can follow you along the way.. just restarting my journey too..

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...