Thursday, May 17, 2012

Morale Booster

As I mentioned on Tuesday, our Annual Banquet was last night. Reception started at 6:00 p.m. and the dinner was served at 7:00 p.m. I went home to freshen up and change and then arrived at 7:00 p.m. Here is the blouse my mom bought me for the occasion.


Close up of design

Earrings to go with (they were 1/2 off!)

Self portrait #876,394
It is always enjoyable (this is the 7th one) to see everyone because we don't get to see other but once a year. I didn't get anyone to take my picture but I did try to show you the detail on the blouse. It is navy not black by the way.  It was a morale booster last night as well. Quite a few people complimented me on how I looked and one gal even said I looked incredible! She said "Wow, Katie, you have lost a bunch of weight" She asked me how I did it and I told her portion control and exercise plus my fitbit.  I also got comments like I am an important part of the organization and thanking me for my hard work and that I am strong and they are proud of me. It was really what I needed to hear. Sometimes, I just don't give myself enough credit. I am not tooting my own horn but it is a reminder to me that I am doing okay and to keep on keeping on.

We did not finish until after 10:30 p.m. and by the time I got home and unwound it was midnight so I am one sleepy puppy today. It is definitely going to be an early night.  I also need to rest up because we are pulling another 2 day shift at my mom's. I need to start looking for patio furniture for her backyard which should be fun and we turned on the pool heater so we can cool off in the pool. Hopefully I won't see Bill but I will be on alert for sure. Until next time...


7 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous! Glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty top, and you look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful in the top and earrings Katie. Glad you had a good night. Rest well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blouse! You are looking pretty!

    (In reply to your comment on my blog, the paper is a little country newspaper and it isn't online. *sigh* Still, it was exciting!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The detail on the top is so pretty! Have fun shopping for patio furniture!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what's on your mind...